Reliance Communications to market Android devices in IndiaApril 16th, 2012 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 16 (IANS) Reliance Communications Monday announced its plans to market Android devices exclusively in India for the next two years, a company official said.
Through a strategic collaboration with Google, Reliance Communications will market the Android mobile operating system and Google Mobile Services to promote the usage of Android devices in the country.
“In line with the rapid growth of smartphones in the country, Reliance has collaborated with Google to catapult the change by providing compelling new experience to device users in terms of speed, coverage and app ecosystem across segments,” said Sanjay Behl, Group Head - Brand & Marketing.
“Our collaboration with Google is set to bring in many novelties and unique features for device users on our superior network, complementing the innovation of Android- powered services and devices,” he added.
The company will create exclusive data plans and services specifically targeted to promote Android devices on its network. This collaboration will ensure that the data plan is optimised for usage with Android devices.
Reliance Communications will offer an exclusive free 1GB usage per month 3G-plan to all Android device users. It also plans to introduce expert customer care, carrier billing, exclusive apps and content in addition to the dedicated Android experience zone at Reliance retail outlets across the country.
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
- Google acquires Nik Software - Sep 18, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches 3G tablet - Aug 09, 2011
- BlackBerry buys software company to beef up apps store - Apr 29, 2011
- Google launches 'cloud' service - Apr 25, 2012
- Apple, Google working on wearable devices - Dec 20, 2011
- RComm expands Application Aware Network service - Mar 21, 2012
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Google buys Instagram rival Snapseed - Sep 18, 2012
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Year of tech, tweets, tablets and telecom (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: apps, behl, carrier billing, customer care, device users, ecosystem, expert customer, google, group head, mobile services, mumbai, new experience, novelties, rapid growth, reliance, retail outlets, sanjay, segments, smartphones, speed coverage