Reliance Communications to list sub-sea cable business in SingaporeJune 13th, 2012 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 13 (IANS) Telecom major Reliance Communications Ltd., part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG), plans to list its sub-sea cable infrastructure network in Singapore through a business trust, a company statement said Wednesday.
“On June 12, 2012, the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited has granted an ‘eligibility to list’ to the business trust subject to the requisite conditions being satisfied,” the statement said.
Reliance Communications officials here said that updates on the listing would be announced soon. However, according to informed sources, the issue size could be around Rs.5,000 crore.
The sub-sea cable business is operated by Flag Telecom, a division of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Reliance Globalcom Ltd.
The submarine cable assets of the company span over 68,000 km with landings in 46 locations in 26 countries and 403 customers.
- Reliance unit launches subsea cable service in Iraq - Jul 02, 2012
- Reliance Communications unit files paper for Singapore IPO - Jul 05, 2012
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Sify unveils undersea cable landing station in Mumbai - Jan 11, 2012
- Reliance Globalcom bags over $100 mn managed services contracts - Sep 30, 2010
- Anil Ambani meets CBI to clarify issues relating to telecom matters - Feb 16, 2011
- Reliance Communications examining sale of controlling stake in arm - May 31, 2011
- CBI summons Anil Ambani in 2G scam case - Feb 16, 2011
- No benefit to Reliance Group from UAS license: CBI - Oct 03, 2011
- Exploring stake sale in telecom towers arm: Ambani - Sep 04, 2012
- Exploring stake sale in telecom towers arm: Ambani (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast to sell all ADAG media services - Aug 30, 2010
- Reliance Communications to de-merge telecom infrastructure arm - Jun 14, 2010
- Reliance draws second tranche of loan - May 12, 2011
- TDSAT notice to Etisalat on RComm's Rs.1,200 crore dues - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: adag, anil dhirubhai ambani group, assets, business trust, cable business, cable infrastructure, chennai, communications ltd, flag telecom, globalcom, infrastructure network, landings, reliance, securities trading, singapore exchange securities trading limited, span, submarine cable, subsidiary