Reliance Communications says talks ongoing with MTNJune 14th, 2008 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) The Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (RDAG) Friday said their talks with the South Africa-based telecom company MTN were “ongoing” and alleged that some other entities were trying to disrupt the negotiations. The group, one of the largest telecom companies in India, said in a statement that Reliance Industries, controlled by Mukesh Ambani, the elder brother of RDAG chief Anil Ambani, was trying to disrupt the talks.
“Last night, in a mala fide effort to disrupt the talks, Reliance Industries, part of the Mukesh Ambani group, has sent a communication to MTN group, making a false claim of an alleged right of first refusal to buy the controlling stake in Reliance Communications,” an RDAG statement said.
“RIL’s claim is legally and factually untenable, baseless, and misconceived,” said the RDAG statement. “Reliance Communications dismisses RIL’s claim with the contempt it deserves.”
Officials of RIL were unavailable for comment.
- MTN says talks to go on with Reliance Communications - Jun 14, 2008
- War of words among two Reliance groups continues (Lead) - Jul 18, 2008
- Anil Ambani withdraws defamation case against brother Mukesh - Jun 08, 2010
- War of words among two Reliance groups continues - Jul 17, 2008
- RCom offers to sit with RIL, offer turned down - Jul 07, 2008
- Bharti to exit from financial services joint venture with AXA - Jun 10, 2011
- Reliance Communications to list sub-sea cable business in Singapore - Jun 13, 2012
- Anil Ambani group offers to talk with Reliance Industries (Lead replacing earlier story) - Jul 07, 2008
- Naming of RIL's insurance venture will be interesting - Jun 11, 2011
- Reliance Communications, MTN talks called off - Jul 19, 2008
- RNRL signs new gas pact with RIL; Stocks move up (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Anil Ambani meets CBI to clarify issues relating to telecom matters - Feb 16, 2011
- RIL slams Anil Ambani statements as baseless - Aug 07, 2009
- Reliance Communications inks $1.9 bn loan deal with Chinese bank - Mar 09, 2011
- Charges against former Reliance Communications officials on call manipulating - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: companies in india, contempt, dhirubhai ambmukesh ambani group, elder brother, entities, mumbai, negotiations, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, reliance industries, right of first refusal, ril, south africa, stake, telecom companies, telecom company