Reliance Communications’ R World to break language barrierFebruary 15th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 15 (IANS) Reliance Communications Tuesday announced plans to launch a next generation mobile portal (R World) with multi-lingual capabilities to break the language barrier.Using Motricity’s m-core platform to enable a wide range of advance services like m-commerce, m-advertising and location-based services, the new R World would deliver a host of futuristic mobile internet and data services to its over 125 million customers, said Prashant Gokarn, head of 3G business at Reliance Communications.
“We believe the future of mobile experiences is going to be based on the delivery of highly personalised offerings which include localised content, delivered to our customers in their native language,” said Gokarn.
He added that Reliance is pioneering a new way of delivering personalised information anytime, anyplace and through any device and Motricity’s m-core platform provides the scale and the capabilities needed for the purpose.
Shattering the language barrier, R World will offer personalisation option in Hindi, followed by other popular regional languages, besides other high value and relevance content and applications on the mobile platform.
Motricity is a leading mobile data solutions provider exclusively focused on the rapidly growing mobile internet market. It serves some of the world’s largest mobile operators and enterprises, simplifying the mobile internet and creating high value and highly relevant mobile experiences for consumers.
- Reliance Communication partners to provide 3G data on R World - Dec 03, 2010
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- Content aimed at rural masses can make MVAS a $10 bn industry - Jul 08, 2012
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- TRAI seeks views to boost mobile value added services - Jul 22, 2011
- Airtel to re-structure India, South Asia operations - Jul 07, 2011
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities - Dec 13, 2010
- Reliance Communications partners with Radio Netherlands - Feb 17, 2011
- MVAS to create Rs.48,000 crore business opportunity by 2015 - Jul 06, 2012
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Airtel, Axis Bank join hands for mobile banking - May 16, 2012
- RCom sets up 3G innovation lab in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2010
- Virtual classroom solution, location-based mobile service get Microsoft awards - Jun 07, 2012
- Road safety to figure in school curricula - Jul 11, 2012
- 'Mobile marketing will grow 10-fold in India' - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: advance services, core platform, internet market, language barrier, location based services, m commerce, mobile data solutions, mobile internet, mobile operators, mobile platform, mobile portal, motricity, native language, next generation, offerings, r world, regional languages, relevance, reliance, solutions provider