Reliance Communications pays $1,182 million to redeem FCCBsFebruary 29th, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 29 (IANS) Reliance Communications Wednesday said it has paid $1,182 million (Rs.5,825 crore) for redemption of all the outstanding Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs).
“Reliance Communications has made payment of $1,182 million to make the largest ever redemption of all the outstanding Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs) from the $1,000 million issued in February 2007 and due on March 01, 2012,” the company said in a statement.
“Redemption amount is inclusive of the premium of 27.69 percent,” it added.
The company has made payment to the principal agent of FCCB, Deutsche Bank AG, London branch. The paid-up equity capital of the company will remain unchanged post redemption of these FCCBs.
Accordingly, Reliance Communications will not be required to allot 6,17,25,849 equity shares of Rs.5 each arising out of the potential conversion of the said FCCBs.
The firm had signed agreements with three Chinese banks to refinance its outstanding debts. The banks are Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (ICBC), China Development Bank Corporation (CBD), and Export Import Bank of China (EIBC).
- Reliance Communications gets RBI nod for refinancing FCCBs - Feb 16, 2012
- Reliance Communications ties up refinancing for FCCB worth $1.18 bn - Jan 17, 2012
- Jubilant Organosys repays $69 million debt - May 26, 2010
- Kinetic Engineering and Kinetic Motor to merge - Dec 09, 2011
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Orchid Pharma to invest Rs.200 crore in niche segment - Nov 04, 2010
- Investment banking firms Mefcom, Beaufort sign accord - Jul 28, 2011
- Orchid Chemicals to invest Rs.200 crore this fiscal - Jul 29, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro raises $600 mn - Oct 08, 2009
- Chinese bank opens two branches in Pakistan - May 21, 2011
- Reliance Communications raises $255 mn for part-finance of 3G loan - Jan 18, 2011
- World Bank issues first yaun bonds - Jan 05, 2011
- Reliance Communications gets $665 mn from Chinese bank - Mar 17, 2011
- Reliance draws second tranche of loan - May 12, 2011
- Suzlon promoters offload 4.5 percent stake in company (Business Capsule) - Sep 23, 2009
Tags: bank of china, cbd, china development bank, china ltd, chinese banks, commercial bank of china, convertible bonds, crore, deutsche bank ag, eibc, equity capital, export import bank, export import bank of china, fccb, feb 29, foreign currency, icbc, industrial and commercial bank of china, london branch, principal agent