Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499July 19th, 2012 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Leading telecom service provider Reliance Communications Thursday launched its upgraded 3G tablet priced at Rs.14,499.
Reliance has been the first operator in the country to offer tablets on both of its 3G and CDMA networks.
The device comes with a 7-inch capacitive touch screen, Android 2.3 operating system, a high speed processor of 1.4GHz, 512 MB RAM, and 5 point touch experience. Weighing at 402 grams, it has a 3.0 MP rear camera and a front camera.
It also enables video calling, catering to both business users as well as the youth segment and is supported by Reliance’s IP based 3G network across 13 circles - 333 towns - in the country.
The firm is also offering free benefits worth Rs.6,250 to its 3G customers, including free 3GB of 3G data for 3 months, 3 months of free video calling for local and STD to Reliance 3G, free voice rental for 12 months (postpaid) along with free global calling worth Rs. 250.
“Reliance 3G Tab is an unimaginable multi-tasking device with a 7-inch form factor for Internet, email on-the-go, social networking, video streaming, and gaming. It also includes mobile TV, voice calling, GPS and video recording,” the company said in a statement.
“For business users, the Reliance 3G Tab provides a user-friendly email experience with push email capability and is bundled with ‘Documents To Go’ that supports Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PDF formats,” it added.
The tablet is preloaded with Google applications such as Gmail, YouTube, maps and search, popular news sites including ET, TOI and NDTV, entertainment services - BigFlix, Reliance World Online, Reliance TV - and social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter and Orkut.
“The new 3G TAB is sure to enhance customer experience on our seamless IP enabled superior 3G network bundled with exciting offers at an affordable price point,” said Sanjay Behl, group head — brand and marketing, Reliance Communications.
The tab will be available at over 350 Reliance exclusive stores and leading retail chains in 13 3G circles and e-commerce sites.
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches 3G tablet - Aug 09, 2011
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- Reliance Communications to market Android devices in India - Apr 16, 2012
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Going On Sale On Best Buy - Oct 26, 2010
- Sony Dash Comes With Hulu Plus Support Now - Dec 09, 2010
- Pearson, Micromax launch e-learning toy for kids - Apr 03, 2012
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- Samsung launches new tablet in Indian market - Jan 11, 2012
- BIGFlix inks deal with UTV for popular titles - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: 512 mb ram, behl, cdma networks, entertainment services, google, group head, internet email, mobile tv, ndtv, networking services, pdf formats, popular news, rear camera, reliance communication, social networking, speed processor, telecom service provider, tv voice, twitter, youth segment