Reliance Capital ties up with Indian Overseas BankSeptember 13th, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 13 (IANS) Reliance Capital Asset Management, a unit of Anil Ambani-led Reliance Capital, said Thursday it has entered into distribution tie-up with the public sector lender Indian Overseas Bank.
As per the agreement, Indian Overseas Bank will sell Reliance Mutual Fund schemes through its 2,689 branches spread across the country.
“We are delighted to join hands with Indian Overseas Bank as a distribution partner and are confident that this agreement would help us expand our customer base, especially in Tier II and III cities, leveraging on the wide network of Indian Overseas Bank branches across the country,” said Sundeep Sikka, chief executive officer, Reliance Capital Asset Management.
The tie-up will help Reliance Capital reach out to over 24 million Indian Overseas Bank customers across India.
“This association will help us work together to enhance business opportunities. This would enable the Indian Overseas Bank branches to operate as a financial super market and help in strengthening the relationship of the existing and potential customer base, providing an opportunity to cross-sell,” said M. Narendra, chairman and managing director, Indian Overseas Bank.
Reliance Capital Asset Management, which currently has nearly $27.5 billion assets under its management, will provide soft skills and product training support to the bank to help them effectively facilitate sales across all Indian Overseas Bank branches, a company statement said.
- Reliance Mutual looking for foreign partners to go global - Oct 02, 2011
- Reliance Capital starts mutual fund service through SMS - Aug 29, 2012
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Reliance Capital pact with Nippon in areas beyond insurance - Sep 01, 2011
- Reliance Life concludes 26 percent stake sale to Nippon for $680mn - Oct 09, 2011
- Reliance Capital arm launches mobile-based payment system - Aug 09, 2012
- Regulator's nod for Reliance Capital's 26 percent stake sale to Nippon - Sep 14, 2011
- Reliance Life gets central bank nod for stake sale to Nippon - Sep 30, 2011
- Reliance gold fund attracts 200,000 applications - Mar 09, 2011
- Reliance Money Express to offer services in South India - May 19, 2011
- Reliance Mutual Fund launches small cap fund - Aug 25, 2010
- Reliance Mutual bets big on retail investors - Oct 02, 2011
- Reliance Mutual Fund launches gold savings fund - Feb 09, 2011
- Anil Ambani talks of unlocking shareholder value (Roundup) - Sep 27, 2011
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: ambani, assets, bank customers, business opportunities, capital asset management, chief executive officer, customer base, distribution partner, India, indian overseas bank, indian overseas bank branches, managing director, mutual fund schemes, narendra, public sector, relationship, reliance capital, reliance mutual fund, tier ii, ties