Reliance Capital consolidated net profit rises 9 percentMay 30th, 2011 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 30 (IANS) Reliance Capital, the financial services flagship of the Anil Ambani Group Monday reported a 9 percent increase in consolidated net profit, before provisioning, to Rs.475 crore.
The company also recommended a dividend of Rs.6.50 per equity share of Rs.10 each.
The one-time provisioning of Rs.183.7 crore was made on account of the change in norms related to losses on account of commercial motor third-party general insurance, as required by the regulator, the company said in a statement.
Nearly 100 percent of Reliance Capital’s operating profits were contributed by its core businesses of asset management, commercial financing, broking and distribution, the statement added.
Among its group companies, Reliance Mutual Fund as on March 31 had a 14.5 percent market share of the mutual fund industry with average assets under management at Rs.101,576 crore ($22 billion).
Another subsidiary, Reliance Life Insurance sold the largest number of individual premium policies in the private sector life insurance industry. The total number of policies in force crossed five million — a growth of 14 percent year-on-year.
Reliance Commercial Finance, a group company offering home loans and other commercial loans, achieved a 100 percent increased in profit after tax at Rs.269 crore.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of Reliance Capital closed 2.59 percent up at Rs.500.40.
- Reliance Life concludes 26 percent stake sale to Nippon for $680mn - Oct 09, 2011
- Reliance Capital pact with Nippon in areas beyond insurance - Sep 01, 2011
- Reliance Capital net profit dips 28 percent - Nov 13, 2010
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- Reliance Life gets central bank nod for stake sale to Nippon - Sep 30, 2011
- Reliance Cap Q2 total income rises 19 percent - Nov 11, 2011
- Nippon's pact for 26-percent stake in Reliance asset firm - Mar 22, 2012
- Reliance Capital reports strong growth in core businesses (Second Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Reliance Capital reports 51 percent jump in earnings (Lead) - Nov 13, 2010
- Reliance Capital to consider special dividend: Ambani - Sep 04, 2012
- Employees Provident Fund approves Reliance-Nippon stake deal - Aug 07, 2012
- Reliance Cap concludes stake sale to Nippon Life for $290 mn - Aug 17, 2012
- Reliance Capital to pay special dividend of 50 percent - Sep 10, 2012
- Reliance Capital Q3 net profit up 229 percent - Feb 10, 2012
- Reliance Capital net profit up 68 percent - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: anil ambani group, assets under management, bombay stock exchange, commercial finance, commercial financing, commercial loans, core businesses, equity share, general insurance, group companies, group company, home loans, life insurance industry, mutual fund industry, net profit, norms, reliance capital, reliance mutual fund, rs 500, rs 6