Reliance Cap to set up housing finance armSeptember 16th, 2008 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 16 (IANS) Reliance Capital, an arm of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, will set up a separate housing financial subsidiary and non-banking financial company (NBFC) for the consumer finance sector, the company’s top official announced here Tuesday.“Going forward, we plan to set up a separate housing finance subsidiary and NBFC for the consumer finance business,” Reliance Capital chairman Anil Ambani said during the company’s annual general meeting.
“We have already filed applications with the regulators in this respect and are awaiting approval,” Ambani said.
Reliance Capital will invest more than Rs.40 billion ($860 million) across its portfolio including insurance over the next three to five years, he said.
Ambani said his company is also planning to selectively expand its asset management, life insurance and broking operations in emerging markets across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
“Together, these investments and initiatives will further accelerate our growth momentum and lead to substantial value creation,” Ambani added.
- Reliance Capital pact with Nippon in areas beyond insurance - Sep 01, 2011
- Reliance Money Express to offer services in South India - May 19, 2011
- Reliance Commercial Finance launches loan against gold units - May 09, 2011
- Reliance Life gets central bank nod for stake sale to Nippon - Sep 30, 2011
- Reliance Venture invests in Bangalore IT firm - Jun 14, 2010
- Bharti to exit from financial services joint venture with AXA - Jun 10, 2011
- R-Cap targets Rs.50,000 cr infrastructure lending - Sep 28, 2010
- Reliance Life gets Nippon on board for $680 million - Mar 14, 2011
- Daimler Financial Services bets big on lease deals - Jul 19, 2011
- Reliance Capital net profit dips 28 percent - Nov 13, 2010
- Reliance Life concludes 26 percent stake sale to Nippon for $680mn - Oct 09, 2011
- Reliance Capital mulling bonus, banking entry: Ambani - Sep 27, 2011
- Magma to roll out housing finance, gold loan business FY13 - Apr 27, 2012
- Reliance Cap concludes stake sale to Nippon Life for $290 mn - Aug 17, 2012
- Naming of RIL's insurance venture will be interesting - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: africa and the middle east, anil ambani, anil dhirubhai ambani group, annual general meeting, asset management, awaiting approval, consumer finance, emerging markets, finance arm, finance business, finance sector, finance subsidiary, growth momentum, life insurance, nbfc, regulators, reliance capital, rs 40, substantial value, value creation