Regularisation of posts for street cleaners soonJuly 2nd, 2010 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Friday said the long pending demands of street cleaners for regularisation of posts, filling up of vacant posts and payment of delayed wages will be suitably met.
In the first phase of regularisation, which will start soon, a total of 426 street cleaners engaged between April-June 1994 will be regularised while, in the second phase, about 2,000 street cleaners who were appointed from March 1995 will be given permanent status, said Yogendra Chandolia, chairman of the standing committee, MCD.
“The 7,000 vacant posts will be filled. New posts will be created and filled based on the requirements of each zone,” Chandolia informed.
He, however, parried a question regarding the delay of more than six months in paying wages to the daily-wagers and said that in future there will be no delay.
“The ’safai karamcharies’ will not have to face delay in getting their salaries. On scheduled dates, they will be given their wages. Each zonal officer will keep a tab on this. The concerned zonal officer will personally supervise the billing process.”
Another senior MCD official told IANS: “The street cleaners, who are to be regularised should go to their concerned zonal officer and submit their original engagement letter. Taking this as an evidence, they will be enrolled as permanent staff. The first 426 street cleaners will be enrolled in three months.”
Apart from this, 900 shelters, fully stocked with cleaning items, will be set up in each zone.
- Sanitation drive near temples and mosques: MCD - Aug 10, 2010
- MCD has 80,000 street cleaners, but how many work? (To go with Games knock door, but litter-free Delhi a distant dream) - Jun 22, 2010
- MCD asked to meet demands of street cleaners - Jul 08, 2010
- Delhi to be sparkling clean -- before Diwali - Oct 25, 2010
- Haryana Roadways employees' strike harasses people - Jun 08, 2011
- Two Delhi street cleaners' unions continue strike - Jun 29, 2010
- Protesting power department workers baton charged by Srinagar police - Jan 04, 2010
- Games knock door, but litter-free Delhi a distant dream - Jun 22, 2010
- Lack of safety gear killing Delhi's sewer workers (Capital Focus) - Jun 24, 2012
- Regularised daily wagers entitled to all benefits: Court - Mar 25, 2011
- Radio Pakistan hit by financial problems - Dec 30, 2011
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
- MCD seeks scrapping of property tax in unauthorised colonies - Nov 10, 2010
- Dhumal government woos its babus with eye on polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2012
- MCD's contractors call off strike - Aug 05, 2010
Tags: engagement letter, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, salaries, second phase, six months, standing committee, street cleaners, three months, vacant posts, wagers, wages