Redevelopment of Delhi’s industrial estates on PPP modeDecember 17th, 2011 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 17 (IANS) The Delhi government has opted for the PPP-mode to improve infrastructure in the capital’s industrial estates. Bids have been issued for three projects under BOT-framework to upgrade infrastructure in three estates — Narela, Bawana, and Okhla and Patparganj bundled together.
Infrastructure in each industrial estate would cover roads, drainage, water supply, waste water, solid waste, parking, horticulture, and street lighting.
Delhi Industry Minister Rama Kant Goswami Saturday visited the Narela industrial complex in north-west Delhi to inspect the launch of redevelopment work of the Narela industrial area on PPP-mode.
Goswami said a consultant was appointed by Delhi government’s Industries Department for infrastructure mapping, gap assessment, identification of various projects on Public-Private Partnership (PPP)-mode and undertaking the bid process management to select private sector players for the projects.
Goswami was accompanied by Chetan Sanghi, CMD, Delhi State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corp (DSIIDC) and other senior officers of DSIIDC and Industries Department.
The minister said that based on a feasibility study, DSIIDC had issued bids for three projects independently under the Build, Operate, Transfer (BOT) framework — Narela , Bawana, and Okhla and Patparganj bundled together.
Goswami said that in this model, the concessionaire will redevelop the estate within two years and maintain it during the entire concession period at own cost.
DSIIDC CMD Sanghi said the concessionaire will be entitled to collect maintenance charges from the individual industry at the rate of Rs.10 per sq.m. per month and annuity from DSIIDC after completion of development work.
Sanghi informed that DSIIDC has already awarded the work for two projects in Narela and Bawana for annuity of Rs.21.5 crore and Rs.7.48 crore, respectively.
- DSIIDC to set up more industrial projects in Delhi - Jul 24, 2011
- DSIIDC wants service sector in industrial estates - Jan 01, 2012
- DSIIDC to develop four industrial estates - Nov 27, 2011
- Delhi industry bodies attack mayor - May 15, 2011
- DSIIDC to float liquor trade firms - Jul 31, 2011
- DSIIDC allots 304 industrial plots - Mar 19, 2011
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
- DSIIDC achieves highest ever profit - Jun 28, 2011
- Shakti Sinha is new DSIIDC CMD (With Image) - Jun 26, 2012
- South African team envisages interest in low-cost housing scheme (With images) - Jan 24, 2012
- DSIIDC allots 51 industrial plots - Sep 22, 2011
- Delhi, Haryana hope to attract investments at India-Japan summit - Sep 04, 2011
- DSIIDC makes highest Rs.45 crore profit in 2009-10 - Jul 04, 2010
- Delhi gets its own industrial act - Jul 23, 2010
- Delhi's 22 industrial areas to be redeveloped - Jul 18, 2010
Tags: bawana, concessionaire, crore, delhi government, delhi state, drainage water, dsiidc, feasibility study, gap assessment, goswami, industrial infrastructure, industry minister, infrastructure development, maintenance charges, public private partnership, redevelopment work, rs 21, sanghi, street lighting, west delhi