Record power generation by Himachal plantApril 1st, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 1 (IANS) The Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL), the company that owns and operates India’s largest hydropower project in Himachal Pradesh, Sunday announced that it has achieved a milestone in power generation in last fiscal at over 7,500 million units.
The 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri power project generated 7,610 million units during 2011-12.
“The generation in last fiscal was not only 470 MU more than 2010-11’s record production of 7,140 MU but also 710 MU more than the targets assigned by the ministry of power,” SJVNL deputy general manager Vijay Verma told IANS.
He said the company has fixed a target to generate 7,000 million units with a revenue realisation of Rs.1,557 crore in this fiscal.
SJVNL, a joint venture between the central and the Himachal Pradesh governments, supplies power to Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Chandigarh and Delhi.
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- SJVNL aims to generate power worth Rs.1,557 crore - Mar 26, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- High silt keeps power plant shut in Himachal for sixth day - Aug 10, 2010
- Record power generation at Himachal project - Nov 24, 2010
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- Himachal hydropower plant resumes generation - Jun 25, 2010
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
Tags: april 1, chandigarh, crore, governments, himachal pradesh, hydropower project, jal, jammu and kashmir, joint venture, kashmir, milestone, mu, power generation, punjab, rajasthan, rs 1, target, uttar pradesh, uttarakhand, vidyut