Record power generation at Himachal projectNovember 24th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Nov 24 (IANS) The Nathpa-Jhakri hydropower project in Himachal Pradesh, the largest in the country, achieved its power generation target despite closure of its plant for 22 days due to hostile weather, a company’s official said here Wednesday.
“We have generated 6,016 million units till today (Wednesday) against the target of 5,836 million units,” Vijay Verma, deputy general manager of the Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVNL), the company that owns and operates the project, told IANS.
He said the project remained shut for 22 days in July-August due to high silt content in the Satluj river.
The run-of-the-river project is located in Kinnaur district, some 200 km from Shimla.
“Unprecedented rains in the catchment area increased discharge in the river, raising the level of silt considerably. But the project managed to achieve the milestone due to better water and machine management,” he said.
As per the memorandum of understanding signed by the SJVNL with the union power ministry, the target of 6,000 million units mark was to be crossed Dec 12.
Last year too the project was able to generate a record 7,019 million units, which were 407 million units more than the design energy of 6,612 million units.
The power utility reported a net profit of Rs.972.74 crore for the 2009-10 fiscal.
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- High silt keeps power plant shut in Himachal for sixth day - Aug 10, 2010
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Record power generation by Himachal plant - Apr 01, 2012
- SJVNL's net sales up by seven percent - Jul 30, 2010
- SJVNL declares Rs.330.93 crore dividend - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,