Record discharge of cargo at Odisha’s Dhamra PortMarch 29th, 2012 - 1:33 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 28 (IANS) Odisha’s Dhamra port Wednesday achieved a record discharge of 98,119 tonnes of non coking coal in 24 hours from a South Africa vessel, a senior company official said.
The vessel MV Alfa Friendship, carrying a parcel of 148,103 tonne of South African coal belonging to Visa Resources India Limited, Maithan Ispat Limited and Kyori Oremin Limited, commenced her discharge at 3.45 p.m. Tuesday. The remaining coal is being discharged, the official told IANS.
The discharge of 98,119 tonnes in 24 hours is an all India record which was achieved by the port with the use of two highly mechanised ship un-loaders, he said.
The Dhamra Port in the coastal district of Bhadrak, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar, is a 50:50 joint-venture between Larsen and Toubro (L&T;) and Tata Steel. It commenced commercial operation in May 6, 2011.
So far more than 82 ships have berthed at Dhamra.
- New Orissa port receives first ultra-large vessel - Jul 25, 2011
- Boost for Odisha's Dhamra port expansion plan - Jul 03, 2012
- Indian Navy intercepts foreign ship fleeing Mumbai - Nov 23, 2010
- Navy, Coast Guard intercept runaway ship (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- NALCO to import two lakh tonnes coal - Oct 21, 2011
- Missing boat will 42 pilgrims located, all passengers safe - Oct 07, 2010
- Gopalpur port expansion project gets green nod - Mar 31, 2011
- Boat with 42 people missing in Bay of Bengal - Oct 07, 2010
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni-I missile (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Cabinet approves development of Vizag's East Quay 1 - Nov 26, 2010
- Cabinet approves new quay at Visakhapatnam port - Nov 26, 2010
- Off Mumbai, coast not clear of maritime disasters - Aug 09, 2011
- Bangladesh detains Indian ship - Dec 26, 2010
- Adani Group acquires port in Australia - May 03, 2011
- Trial operations for Dhamra Port this month - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,