Recession hits Jordan tooDecember 23rd, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by ANI
By K G Vasuki
Amman (Jordan), Dec 23 (ANI): The economic meltdown is a reality and has hit this part of the world too. The Jordanian capital Amman is facing the brunt of the meltdown and preparing for the worse.
Many sectors including construction work has been hit and the country is looking for many contingency plans.
Talking to ANI in an exclusive interview, the first female Governor of Jordan Rabiha Al-Dabbas has said that the recession, which was a global phenomena, has hit Jordan too.
She further said that the government was taking all steps to prevent further impact of the meltdown in many sectors including construction and infrastructure to name a few.
Meanwhile, the Indian spiritual Guru Sri Sri Ravishnakar, who is in Amman on a peace mission, thinks that the global economic meltdown was an opportunity for the rich in the world to understand the realities that the concept of money was very temporal.
He called up on one and all who have been affected by the meltdown to look into the realities of life.
The modern Jordan ruled by the Hashemite Kingdom, which once captivated ancient travellers, continues to enthral a whole new generation as a modern, vibrant nation. But the country is bogged down due to problems caused by migrants, which has become a real problem and adds to the economic slowdown. (ANI)
- Jordan home to over 180,000 Syrian refugees - Sep 03, 2012
- Jordan Tribes Lashes Out At Queen Rania For Her 'Political Role' - Feb 10, 2011
- Russia and Jordan agrees on energy deal and support to Palestine - Jan 20, 2011
- EU pledges $140 mn to Jordan - May 21, 2012
- Three Jordanian lawmakers resign over casino scandal - Jun 30, 2011
- Bomb targets Israeli diplomatic convoy in Jordan - Jan 15, 2010
- India to help Jordan set up poll panel - Mar 19, 2012
- Jordanian parliament will not limit king's powers - Mar 28, 2011
- 130,000 Syrians fled to Jordan since 2011 - Jul 09, 2012
- Obama assures Jordan king of US support - Feb 16, 2011
- UAE, Jordan discuss energy cooperation - Nov 25, 2011
- Will-Kate planning Jordan honeymoon - Apr 17, 2011
- UAE to set up camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan - Sep 04, 2012
- Jordanian PM says clashes unacceptable - Mar 26, 2011
- Jordan's parliament rejects calls to reduce king's constitutional power - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: amman jordan, ancient travellers, brunt, capital amman, construction work, contingency, economic slowdown, female governor, global economic meltdown, global phenomena, hashemite kingdom, jordanian capital, migrants, peace mission, realities of life, recession, spiritual guru, sri sri, vasuki, vibrant nation