RComm sequential quarterly profit rises 60.5 percentNovember 12th, 2011 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 12 (IANS) Telcom service provider Reliance Communications Saturday posted an increase of 60.5 percent in net profit at Rs.252 crore for the quarter ended Sep 30 against Rs.157 crore during the previous quarter.
Total revenues stood at Rs.5,040 crore during the quarter, up 2 percent as compared to Rs.4,940 crore during the last quarter, the company said in a regulatory filing.
The wireless revenue of the company also grew 2 percent at Rs.4,417 crore during the period under review against Rs.4,327 crore in the previous quarter. The company said that its wireless revenues were driven by growth of paid minutes and strong growth in the data business.
The wireless minutes of usage increased from 97.3 billion to 98.9 billion as compared to the previous quarter. The company said it has 2.1 million active 3G customers, the highest in the industry.
Reliance Communications also said that it continues to be free cash flow positive.
“RCom generated operational cash flow of Rs.1,605 crore in this quarter. Post payment of 3G auction fees and with peak capex behind us, this is the first full year of positive free cash flow for the company and this trend will continue in succeeding years,” the company said.
The company also bagged orders worth Rs.1,400 crore from HDFC Bank for outsourced data centre facility in India during the quarter. The data centre will house equipment possessing the highest computing power in the industry in India today.
The company currently has 147 million customers.
- Reliance Communications quarterly revenue rises at Rs.5,052 crore - Feb 10, 2012
- Sistema Shyam's net loss narrows to Rs.528 crore - May 29, 2012
- Reliance Communications posts Rs.332 crore net profit - May 28, 2012
- SSTL's quarterly net loss rises to Rs.1,197 crore - Apr 11, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income down 28 percent (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Exploring stake sale in telecom towers arm: Ambani - Sep 04, 2012
- Sistema Shyam Teleservices reports Rs.666.4 crore net loss - Jun 07, 2011
- Decision on 2G auction participation only by October: SSTL - Sep 10, 2012
- Reliance Industries Q1 net profit declines 21 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- Idea Cellular quarterly net profit rises 32 percent - Jul 23, 2012
- RCom merges tower business with GTL Infra - Jun 27, 2010
- Bharti Airtel quarterly revenue rises by 17 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Exploring stake sale in telecom towers arm: Ambani (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- RCom up 4.4 percent, gains after GTL deal - Jun 28, 2010
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 1 million, auction fees, capex, computing power, crore, free cash flow, india today, last quarter, net profit, operational cash flow, outsourced, quarterly profit, reliance, rs 1, service provider, wireless minutes