Ravi Rishi’s chopper firm challenges permit suspensionMay 8th, 2012 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) Global Vectra Helicorp, the aviation arm of the Ravi Rishi-led Vectra Group which operates a fleet of helicopters, Tuesday moved the Delhi High Court challenging the civil aviation regulator’s decision to suspended the company’s operations permit.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Monday scraped the firm’s permit after the home ministry raised security concerns.
The matter will come up for hearing Wednesday before Justice Vipin Sanghi.
The permit suspension came as the government had cancelled the security clearance of the company.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is currently probing the alleged role of the London-based Vectra Group chairman Ravi Rishi in connection with the multi-crore-rupee Tatra deal and the bribery allegations made by the army chief.
“We will also cancel the airport passes given to the employees of the company. We have told Pawan Hans (helicopter company) to fill in the supply gap,” Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh told reporters outside parliament on Friday.
The company refused to confirm the government decision.
With a fleet of 23 choppers, the company operates onshore and offshore operations for oil companies and also caters to tourist travels in northeast India.
The company operates to major shrines like Vaishno Devi and during the Amarnath Yatra.
Vectra Group of companies is engaged in aviation, heavy engineering, real estate, information and technology and security systems.
- Notice to DGCA, home ministry on chopper firm's plea - May 09, 2012
- Operations permit of Global Vectra Helicorp suspended - May 07, 2012
- Security clearance of Global Vectra helicorp cancelled - May 04, 2012
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea - May 29, 2012
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Government queried on revoking Vectra choppers' licence - May 16, 2012
- Court stays aviation regulator's curbs on chopper firm - Jun 11, 2012
- Chopper firm's director moves court over curbs - May 24, 2012
- Court seeks report from home ministry, DGCA on Vectra - May 25, 2012
- DGCA challenges Delhi HC order in Global Vectra case - Sep 19, 2012
- Global Vectra probe to be over in three weeks, court told - May 18, 2012
- Tatra deal: CBI searches homes of former army officers - Apr 18, 2012
- Apex court asks CBI to reply Vectra chief's plea - Jul 30, 2012
- CBI questions Vectra chief - Apr 02, 2012
- Apex court asks CBI to reply to Vectra chief's plea (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: ajit singh, amarnath yatra, army chief, bribery allegations, central bureau of investigation, civil aviation, delhi high court, dgca, directorate general, gap civil, government decision, group chairman, heavy engineering, helicopter company, home ministry, information and technology, northeast india, offshore operations, rishi, vipin