Rapid urbanisation a challenge: Kamal NathJanuary 11th, 2012 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Wednesday said there is a need for strong planning to address the issue of rapid urbanisation which he described as a “huge challenge”.
“The growing urbanisation is a huge challenge for the government and a strong urban planning process is needed to address this issue,” said Kamal Nath at the valedictory session of the 11th Auto Expo in Delhi.
The minister urged all the cities with a population of more than two million to prepare detailed project report for metro rail.
Expressing concern over India becoming home to 382 million cars by 2050, he said: “The urban development ministry is currently working on developing satellite cities in a planned manner keeping in mind the surge in traffic in future.”
- PPP model necessary to develop urban infrastructure: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Invest in Indian infrastructure: Kamal Nath to Europe - Oct 13, 2011
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Urban renewal mission's allocation to rise - Jul 03, 2012
- Real estate regulatory bill to address consumers' concern: Kamal Nath - Nov 09, 2011
- India can learn water management from Israel: Minister - May 09, 2012
- Ashok Leyland launches 'Jan Bus' - Jan 05, 2012
- Repair work of Airport Metro to end by October: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011
- Urban infrastructure report submitted to Kamal Nath - Mar 07, 2011
- Kamal Nath calls for reforms in governance - Mar 07, 2011
- Single card planned for ticket-free travel across country - Dec 03, 2011
- Government to launch the second JNNURM soon: Nath - Sep 07, 2011
- Single smart card for different modes of transport launched - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,