Rane group enters defence, aerospace sectorSeptember 29th, 2011 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 28 (IANS) Chennai based auto component group Rane Wednesday announced its diversification into defence and aerospace production as it acquired a 26 percent stake in SasMos Het Technologies for an unspecified sum.
In a statement issued here, the Rs.2,241 crore turnover Rane group said the investment in the Bangalore based SasMos Het Technologies was made by Rane Holdings Ltd which has the option of increasing its stake further.
SasMos Het Technologies manufactures interconnection systems (cable harness), panel boxes and electro-mechanical assemblies for various applications in defence and aerospace.
“We feel there are significant growth opportunities both in India and as an exporter. This entry also opens a new knowledge base for Rane in electronics which will have a synergy with the automotive industry,” said Rane group chairman L. Ganesh.
- BrahMos Aerospace to make cryogenic engines for Indian rockets - Jan 30, 2011
- Bosch group to invest Rs.2,500 crore in India - Jun 02, 2011
- French firm Altran bets on india for growth - Jul 12, 2012
- India-Russia JV to fund hypersonic missile project - Aug 17, 2011
- Army to order mountain-strike BrahMos regiment soon (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Army to order mountain-strike BrahMos regiment soon - Mar 31, 2012
- French firm Altran expanding India operations - Apr 26, 2012
- Ruia Group acquires company in France - May 17, 2011
- Kanoria Chemicals to acquire Switzerland-based firm - Apr 20, 2012
- Saab India Technology Centre opens in Hyderabad - Oct 21, 2011
- BEML targeting African, Southeast Asian markets - Jan 30, 2012
- Work on BrahMos' hypersonic version on - Oct 10, 2011
- Rane Brake Lining to expand capacity - Jul 21, 2010
- Successful trial of supersonic BrahMos cruise missile - Aug 12, 2011
- Maini firm to supply components to Airbus - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: aerospace production, aerospace sector, automotive industry, bangalore, boxes, cable harness, component group, defence aerospace, diversification, ganesh, group chairman, growth opportunities, holdings ltd, interconnection systems, knowledge base, mechanical assemblies, percent stake, rs 2, synergy, turnover