Ranchi tops tier-III cities in creating jobs in Q4: ReportMarch 21st, 2011 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 21 (IANS) Jharkhand’s capital Ranchi has emerged as the top employment provider among tier-III cities in the last quarter of fiscal 2010-11, said a survey report released Monday.
According to the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham), Ranchi tops with a share of 17.8 percent followed by Mangalore and Mysore with 13.9 percent and 12.07 percent, respectively, out of the total jobs tracked by its study on “New Employment Centre in Tier II and Tier III Cities”.
Pune has emerged as the best employment provider in tier-II cities and its top five employment generating sectors comprised IT, ITeS, banking, education and automobile from January to March 2011, the report said.
Releasing the study, Assocham Secretary General D.S. Rawat said: “Among tier-III cities, Ranchi has emerged as the top employment provider….”
In Ranchi, the top five sectors which have created maximum job prospects include energy, construction, metals, electronics and telecom.
In case of Mangalore, the top five sectors are engineering, energy, banking, insurance and FMCG. In Mysore, the top five sectors are automobiles, insurance, pharma, manufacturing and education.
- Manufacturing, engineering firms up hiring from smaller cities - Aug 20, 2011
- IT policy to increase revenue to $300 billion: Sibal - Oct 07, 2011
- SpiceJet links Thiruvananthapuram to Hyderabad, Chennai - Oct 07, 2011
- Salman, Sonakshi most searched Indian celebrities on web - Apr 14, 2011
- Indian retail sector to be $410-bn by fiscal-end: Assocham - Dec 07, 2009
- 'Major talent for Indian IT industry untapped' - Nov 11, 2010
- India can have over 300 new hypermalls by 2011: Study - Jul 10, 2009
- PM to launch websites for investors in 12 languages - Dec 13, 2010
- Best Western to set up 66 hotels in India - Jan 06, 2012
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011
- Now, book and pay for Air India tickets from your mobile - Mar 20, 2012
- Domestic call centre market seen at $6.8 bn by 2013 - Nov 13, 2009
- India Yamaha Motor logs 30 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2011
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011
- Real estate most preferred investment option: survey - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: assocham, banking education, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, construction metals, employment centre, fmcg, industry of india, jharkhand, job prospects, last quarter, mangalore, march 21, mysore, pune, rawat, secretary general, sectors, survey report, tier ii