Ranbaxy, Orchid join handsApril 22nd, 2008 - 6:32 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 22 (IANS) Two Indian pharma majors have entered into an agreement “to leverage the inherent strengths of each other”, it was announced Tuesday. The Gurgaon-based Ranbaxy Laboratories and Chennai’s Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals are to establish a framework for enhanced cooperation, according to information filed with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Malvinder Mohan Singh, CEO and managing director of Ranbaxy, said: “We have entered into a long-term strategic alliance. It will be mutually beneficial, allowing both organisations to leverage the inherent strengths of each other.”
Added Orchid managing director K. Raghavendra Rao: “Ranbaxy’s global market reach along with Orchid’s state-of-the-art development and manufacturing capabilities would help expand the business of the allied firms.”
Meanwhile, Ranbaxy came up with a dismal quarterly results Tuesday, posting a net profit of Rs.103.42 crore against Rs.115.28 crore in the previous corresponding quarter, down 10.3 percent.
The company’s net sale during the period stood at Rs.987.28 crore compared to Rs.988.17 crore.
On the BSE, Ranbaxy’s stocks got a hit and traded at Rs.486.10, down 2.58 percent, whereas that of Orchid was up at Rs.255.15, up 2.31 percent.
- ITC fourth quarter net profit up 24.6 percent - May 20, 2011
- Tata motors Q1 net profit up 1.4 percent - Aug 11, 2011
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- HDFC Bank third quarter net profit up 31.2 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- GAIL's second quarter net up 18.50 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- Ranbaxy reports Rs.464.6 crore net loss - Nov 09, 2011
- SpiceJet shares rise 4.11 percent as Maran raises stake - Mar 03, 2012
- BHEL quarterly net profit rises 21 percent - May 23, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- Sensex gains 53.09 points in special trade - Apr 28, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Infosys results help Sensex close 421 points higher - Oct 12, 2011
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: art development, bombay stock exchange, bse, chennai, cooperation, crore, global market, gurgaon, majors, managing director, mohan singh, net profit, orchid chemicals, organisations, pharmaceuticals, quarterly results, raghavendra rao, ranbaxy, state of the art, strategic alliance