Ranbaxy gets Japanese nod for blood pressure drugApril 8th, 2008 - 4:15 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 8 (IANS) The Japanese ministry of health and labour welfare (MHLW) has granted marketing approval to Indian pharma major Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd’s generic drug prescribed for treatment of blood pressure and angina. The company said Tuesday that MHLW’s authorisation for Ranbaxy’s generic Amlodipine 2.5 mg and 5 mg tablets make the hypertensive medicine the first of its kind to be developed by a generic pharmaceutical company outside Japan.
According to Intercontinental Marketing Services (IMS), the world’s leading health services data provider, Amlopidine has a market size of $2 billion in Japan.
Since 2004, Ranbaxy had filed seven products in Japan and till date has managed to achieve approval for every filing, the company said. The firm had made forays into the Japanese market in 2002 through a strategic alliance with mid-sized research pharma company, Nippon Chemiphar Ltd (NC) of Japan.
- Ranbaxy settles issue with US health regulator - Dec 21, 2011
- Ranbaxy, Russian region sign healthcare pact - Jan 31, 2011
- Ranbaxy approved to make first generic version of Lipitor - Dec 01, 2011
- Ranbaxy to launch anti-diabetic drug Actos by 2012 - Mar 15, 2010
- Ranbaxy ordered to improve India, US plants - Jan 26, 2012
- Ranbaxy boosts presence in Africa with malaria drug - May 11, 2012
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- MNCs gaining control on Indian drug market - Aug 04, 2010
- Nippon's pact for 26-percent stake in Reliance asset firm - Mar 22, 2012
- Ideal Cures unveil new technology to prolong drug release - Jul 23, 2012
- Daiichi eyes Ranbaxy for expanding in Africa, Latin America - Mar 12, 2010
- Ranbaxy posts $210 mn net profit - May 11, 2010
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- Ma Foi to target mid-sized corporates for assignments - Apr 05, 2012
- Ranbaxy's South African arm bags $133 million order - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: amlodipine, amlopidine, authorisation, blood pressure drug, data provider, forays, generic drug, intercontinental marketing, japanese market, japanese ministry, labour welfare, leading health, marketing services, mg tablets, mhlw, ministry of health, nippon, pharmaceutical company, ranbaxy laboratories ltd, strategic alliance