Ramesh offers Rs.900 crore for village coordinatorsAugust 18th, 2012 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh Saturday proposed a grant of Rs.990 crore to the women and child development ministry for hiring women village coordinators for creating awareness on issues like child sex ratio and malnutrition.
The minister said that 1 percent of the budget of his ministry would go towards the appointment of ‘Mahila Gram Samanvayaks’ by gram panchayats, said an official statement Saturday.
Ramesh was speaking here at the launch of Covergence Projects of National Mission for Empowerment of Women.
- Budget could give more for sanitation: Ramesh - Mar 08, 2012
- Jairam Ramesh launches women empowerment scheme in Kerala - Feb 24, 2012
- Carry gender auditing of government schemes: Pranab - Nov 19, 2011
- Only 10 percent Indian villages fully sanitized: Jairam - Mar 19, 2012
- Ramesh seeks PM's help to boost roads in Maoist-hit areas - Sep 14, 2011
- Open defecation will end in 10 years, says Ramesh - Jun 30, 2012
- No discrimination against Jharkhand: Jairam Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- 212 Madhya Pradesh villages chosen for Nirmal Gram Puraskar - Mar 23, 2012
- Allocation for water and sanitation may go up 50 percent - Mar 10, 2012
- Women can be prime movers of sanitation, says Patil - Mar 21, 2012
- GoM on encephalitis has to deliver: Child rights panel - Nov 06, 2011
- Panchayat system to be boosted in Maoist-affected districts: Ramesh - Jan 26, 2012
- Be sensitive to women's requirements: Jairam Ramesh - Apr 08, 2012
- Jairam wants India to be 'open defecation-free' in a decade - Jun 25, 2012
- India is world's capital for open defecation, says Ramesh - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: appointment, budget, child development, child sex, crore, development minister, development ministry, empowerment, jairam ramesh, launch, malnutrition, New Delhi, rural development, sex ratio, village coordinators