Rajasthan offers sops to industrial unitsJune 13th, 2012 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 13 (IANS) To attract investment into Rajasthan, the state cabinet Wednesday offered various sops to prospective industrial units.
“These decisions of the cabinet will pave way for investment of around Rs.8,808 crore and generate employment for more than 5,576 people in the state,” said a state government spokesperson.
The cabinet, at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, gave approval to various proposals including 10 related to providing customised package for setting up of industrial units.
The cabinet gave nod to the proposal for a customised package for setting up an active pharmaceuticals ingredients and formulation manufacturing plant by Cadila in Udaipur.
The decision would help bring investment of Rs.130 crore and provide employment to around 850 people, said the government. The unit will get 70 percent investment subsidy and 5 percent employment subsidy.
The proposal for a customised package to a two-wheeler unit by Hero Motocorp was also okayed, with 85 percent investment subsidy and 5 percent employment subsidy. The investment in the unit will be Rs.900 crore and it will give jobs to around 1,000 people.
The proposal of the state’s industry department on a customised package to Suzlon Energy for a rotor blade manufacturing unit in Jodhpur-Pokhran was also approved. It is expected to bring investment of Rs.85 crore.
The cabinet also okayed a customised package for setting up of a fertiliser plant by Chambal Fertiliser and Chemicals near its existing unit in Gadepan in Kota. The unit will get 70 percent investment subsidy and 5 percent employment subsidy.
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Government postpones urea price hike - Jun 14, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Andhra Pradesh announces new industrial policy - Jun 18, 2010
- India to cut subsidies on non-urea fertilisers next fiscal - Mar 01, 2012
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- Budget has welcome and avoidable features: Karunanidhi - Mar 16, 2012
- Cabinet approves special incentives for electronics sector - Jul 12, 2012
- Handloom weavers to get credit card, interest subsidy - Nov 19, 2011
- No plan to increase urea price: Fertiliser minister - Jan 16, 2012
- Vardhman to set up another facility in Himachal - Sep 10, 2011
- Large number of farmers buying fertilisers above MRP: Official auditor - Aug 05, 2011
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- Kerala seeks approval for Rs.53,825 crore infrastructure project - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,