Railways to reward those who catch saboteurs: MamataOctober 30th, 2010 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 29 (IANS) The railways will reward passengers and others if they give tip offs on sabotage attempts, Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee said here Friday.
Banerjee also blamed West Bengal’s ruling Marxists for the recent snags in Kolkata Metro.
“I would like to appeal to the passengers and common people that if they give railways tip offs on sabotage attempts targeting the railways or the Kolkata metro, they will be rewarded,” Banerjee said in an interview to a private Bengali news channel.
Attacking the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), Banerjee said it was trying to disrupt and stop the metro services. “That is why they are triggering these sabotages,” he said.
The Kolkata Metro in the recent past has faced frequent disruptions and technical snags, triggering panic.
The first ever derailment of two coaches in the history of the Kolkata Metro was reported earlier this month.
“The CPI-M is using its cadres to carry out sabotage attempts,” alleged Banerjee.
Banerjee also accused the CPI-M of masterminding the recent train accidents in the state.
“The CPI-M is unable to fight me politically. That’s why they are carrying out these sabotages to defame me. If they want to fight me let them fight it politically. Why are they indulging in sabotages and killing innocent people? They will not succeed by killing innocent people,” added Banerjee.
Earlier this year more than 200 people had died in the state in two major train accidents.
- Mamata hints at CPI-M hand in Kolkata Metro snags - Oct 23, 2010
- Mamata U-turn: Blames CPI-M for Gyaneshwari train tragedy - Feb 19, 2012
- Mamata indulging in politics of gimmick: Left Front - Oct 24, 2010
- Not a single Railways job created in Bengal: Buddhadeb - Oct 30, 2010
- CPI-M failed to generate employment in Bengal: Mamata - Dec 12, 2010
- CPI-M flays minister for rail accidents - Jun 01, 2012
- No rail accidents after new technology is installed: Mamata - Oct 07, 2010
- Political blame game begins over West Bengal rail accident - Jul 19, 2010
- CPI Marxist leader slams Banerjee over Kolkata metro mishap - Oct 25, 2010
- Banerjee condemns Jhargram saboteurs without naming Maoists (Lead) - Dec 30, 2009
- West Bengal's intellectuals divided over rail disaster - May 30, 2010
- Mamata offers bait to states for safe train movement - Feb 25, 2011
- Mamata does volte-face on train accident, blames Maoists - Nov 16, 2011
- Crowds absent a day after Kolkata Metro derailment - Oct 21, 2010
- Protests cannot stop development: Mamata - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,