Railways to launch train for Sikh shrinesFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3 (IANS) Eyeing to tap the large number of domestic and foreign tourists interested in Sikh shrines, the Indian railways will shortly launch a special train for the pilgrims.
Officials of IRCTC, the catering and tourism corporation of the railways, Friday said the train will cover the famous Takhts (Gurdwaras) like Sri Keshagarh Sahib at Anandpur Sahib, Sri Damdama Sahib at Bhatinda, both in Punjab, besides Sri Harmandir Sahib at Patna in Bihar and Sri Hazur Sahib at Nanded in Maharashtra.
In the national capital, the tourists will be taken for a visit to Shish Ganj Gurdwara and Bangla Sahib Gurdwara.
The tour will also include Gwalior and its Bandi Chor Gurdwara and the world famous Taj Mahal and the Fort at Agra, Uttar Pradesh. The duration of the tour will be of 10 days and 9 nights.
There will be three categories like Deluxe (1st AC), Standard (2nd AC) and Budget (3rd AC).
The package will include all meals (including morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea, dinner); AC transport; 3 or 4 Star hotel accommodation (wherever required); professional guide; insurance; monument charges; on-board security and house-keeping.
Officials said the tour will commence and end at Amritsar in Punjab. However, the tourists may join or leave the tour at Jalandhar and Ludhiana stations.
- Train to five Sikh shrines in December - Apr 03, 2012
- Hindu and Sikh shrines on Punjab-HP border to be linked - Jul 18, 2012
- Security stepped up around Haryana gurdwaras - Sep 13, 2010
- Luxury Sikh pilgrimage train departs from New Delhi - Dec 30, 2010
- Opposition mounts to Amitabh's plea on anti-Sikh riots - Dec 16, 2011
- Australian Sikhs celebrate Baisakhi in Sydney - Apr 17, 2011
- Haryana Sikh leaders held guilty of misconduct by Sikh clergy - Nov 17, 2009
- Green 'Hola Mohalla' festival planned at Punjab gurdwara - Mar 12, 2011
- Power politics behind controversy over gurdwara control (News Analysis) - Aug 16, 2009
- PM cancels Punjab trip, SGPC and Akalis upset - Nov 03, 2011
- Punjab: where politics and religion mix well (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 31, 2011
- Pro-Khalistan slogans raised in Golden Temple complex - Jun 06, 2012
- Luxury train on Sikh pilgrimage across India sold out - Dec 26, 2010
- Hit by delays, Sikh heritage project gets another deadline - Dec 06, 2010
- Thousands converge at shrine for Hola Mohalla - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: amritsar, anandpur sahib, bandi, bihar, breakfast lunch, evening tea, gurdwara, gurdwaras, indian railways, jalandhar, ludhiana, maharashtra, morning tea, nanded, patna, professional guide, sikh shrines, sri harmandir sahib, star hotel accommodation, tourism corporation