Railways freight revenue up by 4.77% in April-JulyAugust 18th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by IBNS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IBNS) The Railways have generated Rs.18274.92 crore of revenue earnings from commodity-wise freight traffic during April-July 2009 as compared to Rs. 17442.11 crore during the corresponding period last year, registering an increase of 4.77 per cent.
Railways carried 284.77 million tonnes of commodity-wise freight traffic during April-July 2009 as compared to 270.73 million tonnes carried during the corresponding period last year, registering an increase of 5.19 per cent. The Net Tonne Kilo Metres (NTKM) went up from 174940 million during April-July 2008 to 186845 million during April-July 2009, showing an increase of 6.81 per cent.
Out of the total earnings of Rs. 4508.04 crore from commodity-wise freight traffic during the month of July 2009, Rs. 1656.80 crore came from transportation of 30.16 million tonnes of coal, followed by Rs. 648.21 crore from 11.68 million tonnes of iron ore for exports, steel plants and for other domestic user, Rs. 424.26 crore from 7.56 million tonnes of cement, Rs. 292.10 crore from 2.71 million tonnes of foodgrains, Rs. 281.99 crore from 3.39 million tonnes of petroleum oil and lubricant (POL), Rs. 283.18 crore from 2.59 million tonnes of Pig iron and finished steel from steel plants and other points, Rs. 265.14 crore from 3.88 million tonnes of fertilizers, Rs. 75.69 crore from 0.99 million tonnes of raw material for steel plants except iron ore, Rs. 254.96 crore from 3.25 million tonnes by container service and Rs. 325.71 crore from 5.47 million tonnes of other goods.
- Railways' freight earning up by 6.27 percent - Jan 25, 2011
- Banning iron ore export makes no economic sense, says FIMI - Aug 03, 2010
- Konkan Railway revenue hit by mining scam: Official - Oct 12, 2011
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- Action likely against Jindal firm for violating apex court order - Aug 02, 2011
- Karnataka to re-open eight iron ore mines soon - Jul 05, 2012
- Goa not in iron deposit intensive areas list - Jan 12, 2012
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- Steel Minister asks RINL to explore possibility of cement plant in Visakhapatnam - Mar 23, 2011
- Iron ore mining set to resume in Karnataka (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Iron ore exports from India dipping: China - Nov 17, 2011
- Karnataka steel industry seeks more iron ore - Sep 29, 2011
- Goa exported 40 mn tonnes iron ore in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- Steel ministry subsidy scheme for iron ore processing - Mar 26, 2012
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: cement, coal, commodity, container service, crore, earnings, fertilizers, foodgrains, freight traffic, iron ore, lubricant, month of july, New Delhi, petroleum oil, pig iron, railways, raw material, steel plants, tonne kilo, tonnes