Railways’ freight earning up by 6.27 percentJanuary 25th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 25 (IANS) The Railways’ revenue earnings from commodity-wise freight traffic rose by 6.27 percent during the April-December period of 2010 over the corresponding figure a year ago, a statement said Tuesday.The Railways earned Rs.44,789.55 crore from commodity-wise freight traffic during April-December 2010, compared to Rs.42,146.97 crore during the corresponding period in 2009.
The Railways carried 673.31 million tonnes of commodity-wise freight traffic during the same period, which was 3.17 percent more than the 652.63 million tonnes carried in April-December 2009.
The net tonne kilometre (NTKm), i.e. payload of a train multiplied by distance covered, went up from 429,729 million during April-December 2009 to 444,515 million in the corresponding period in 2010, registering an increase of 3.44 percent, the statement said.
- Railways freight revenue up by 4.77% in April-July - Aug 18, 2009
- Eastern Railway earnings rise by 3.51 percent - Feb 22, 2011
- Indian Railways Q1 freight volumes up 7.06 percent - Jul 15, 2011
- Eastern Railway earnings up 8.63 percent - Jun 15, 2011
- Eastern Railway earning up 3.31 percent - Mar 21, 2011
- Eastern Railway earnings, passengers go up - Jan 19, 2011
- Core industries growth falls to 3.1 percent in December - Jan 30, 2012
- Industrial output grows by 8.6 percent - Feb 25, 2011
- Patna airport No.1 in passenger traffic growth - Feb 23, 2012
- Strikes cause 1.22 million tonne production loss in CCL - Jan 01, 2010
- 29.5 percent cumulative export growth in India between April-Dec 2010-11 (Part I) - Feb 25, 2011
- Mukherjee underlines need to monitor emerging trends in inflation - Feb 25, 2011
- Railways'earnings up by 7.83 percent in first half of fiscal - Oct 06, 2010
- India's cumulative export growth in April- Dec stands at 29.5 per cent - Feb 25, 2011
- PPPs to boost infrastructure industry: Economic Survey - Mar 15, 2012