Railway stations to have coin vending machines by AugustJuly 13th, 2012 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) The next time you are short of change while booking a train ticket, help could be nearby.
The railways Friday said it has decided to install coin vending machines (CVMs) at booking offices at stations by August.
“The detailed guidelines have been sent to all zonal railways for quick implementation,” said a senior railway official here.
He said the first choice could be given to State Bank of India (SBI) followed by other public sector banks on first-cum-first-served basis.
The railways will provide space for installing the CVMs on a nominal, one-time license fee of Re.1 and electricity for the machine would be provided free of cost.
Initially, the CVMs will be installed for three years and there could be a maximum of four machines at each booking office in big stations and a maximum of two at other stations.
“The bank will ensure that the requisite amount of coins are available in machines, at all times,” said an official.
The CVM would also display the name of the bank manager concerned to be contacted in case of shortage of change and requirement of maintenance.
The banks would be allowed to display their logo on the machines.
- London gets a gold vending machine - Jul 02, 2011
- Coin shortage makes everyday life difficult in West Bengal - Aug 19, 2012
- ATMs Selling Gold Bars Coming To USA - Sep 28, 2010
- Railways to provide quality water 24/7 in all stations with PPP model - Dec 16, 2009
- Sreedharan finds plenty of faults with airport metro - Mar 29, 2011
- RBI to probe illegal coins circulated in Mumbai markets - Jan 24, 2012
- Now, ATM vending machine to sell souvenir gold bars - May 25, 2010
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- 9,000 free condom vending machines set up in Shanghai (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Airport Metro to accept payment by card - Sep 22, 2011
- SBI withdraws 'teaser' home loans, hikes rates - Apr 20, 2011
- RBI to issue new Rs.5 and Rs.2 coins with Games logo - Oct 11, 2010
- Kolkata Metro to have smart card recharging machines - Jun 08, 2012
- Now, a credit card that 'talks' to you! - Mar 11, 2011
- ATM inventor dead - May 20, 2010
Tags: bank of india, booking office, booking offices, coins, cvm, cvms, electricity, first choice, implementation, New Delhi, public sector banks, railway official, railway stations, railways, sbi, state bank, state bank of india, time license, train ticket, vending machines