Rail budget directionless, anti-people: BJPMarch 14th, 2012 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) The railway budget was directionless, anti-people and lacked effective measures to step up security, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said Wednesday.
“It is a directionless and anti-people budget. Without taking effective steps for ensuring security, facility and time, announcements have been made for an expensive journey,” BJP leader Mukhta Abbas Naqvi told reporters.
Presenting the budget, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi said safety would be the prime focus of his ministry during the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17), along with network expansion and modernisation. The railways will also increase passenger fares by up to 30 paisa per km in 2012-13 after 10 years.
“While the railway minister has announced a five-year plan for taking care of security, facility and time, the burden of increased fare has been slapped on the common man in five minutes,” Naqvi said, slamming the budget.
“There is no vision. There is no action and passenger has been raised, prices will shoot up,” added BJP leader Ananth Kumar.
- Trinamool derails fare hike, BJP, Left slam budget (Political Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget disappointing: Nitish Kumar - Mar 14, 2012
- Indian Railways to increase fares after 8 years - Mar 14, 2012
- Industry welcomes rail fare hike - Mar 14, 2012
- PM praises 'forward looking' rail budget (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- CPI-M blasts rail fare hikes - Mar 14, 2012
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Quiet freight hike to pull railways out of red - Mar 19, 2012
- Prominent hightlights of railway budget for 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- PM regrets Trivedi's going; Mukul Roy to be sworn in Tuesday (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- 96 new trains announced in railway budget - Mar 14, 2012
- Trinamool Congress demands fare hike roll-back - Mar 14, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 9 - Mar 14, 2012
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Intro Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Safety with modernisation is Trivedi's mantra for railways (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,