Raids in Delhi to check food adulterationApril 19th, 2011 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Raids are being conducted on wholesale traders in Delhi to check adulteration in food items, Health Minister A.K. Walia said Tuesday.
Raids were conducted at six locations Tuesday, he said.
“Officials of the prevention of food adulteration (PFA) department raided wholesale traders in Lahori Gate area and took samples of pulses and spices like kali mirch (black pepper), haldi powder (turmeric) and masoor dal. The samples have been sent to laboratory for testing,” Walia said.
Action will be taken against the adulterators after the lab reports are received, he said.
“The adulterators will not be spared at all,” he added.
- Delhi to crackdown on food adulterators - May 11, 2011
- No harmful adulterants in Delhi milk, court told (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- 15 cases of sale of unsafe food items in Delhi since August - Oct 18, 2011
- Milk adulteration report hasty, will test samples: Delhi - Jan 11, 2012
- Food adulteration: Opposition walks out in Kerala assembly - Dec 22, 2010
- No harmful adulterants in Delhi milk, court told - Jan 25, 2012
- 840 kg of adulterated sweets confiscated in Ajmer - Oct 26, 2010
- Ash, fungus in Delhi's fasting flour samples - Apr 14, 2011
- Gujarat government pulled up for delay in food adulteration cases - Dec 13, 2010
- High court takes note of milk adulteration in Delhi - Jan 11, 2012
- 80 percent of food adulteration accused walk free in Gujarat - Jan 03, 2011
- Adulteration case against Pepsi set aside - Oct 25, 2010
- Onion prices decline following raids on godowns in UP - Jan 08, 2011
- 20,000 kg of adulterated sweets confiscated in Gorakhpur - Nov 01, 2010
- Adulterated spices seized in Nagpur - Jun 30, 2008