Rahul Khullar is new commerce secretaryJune 5th, 2009 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) Disinvestment Secretary Rahul Khullar has been appointed the new commerce secretary, the government said Friday.
Khullar, a 1975 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) of the union territory cadre, will succeed G.K. Pillai, who will take charge as the home secretary.
Khullar was appointed secretary in the Department of Disinvestment in January.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh cleared Khullar’s name, an official release said.
- R.K. Singh to succeed Pillai as home secretary (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- R.K. Singh named home secretary (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Sunil Mitra is new disinvestment secretary - Jul 21, 2009
- Arvind Mayaram appointed economic affairs secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Rahul Khullar named divestment secretary - Jan 19, 2009
- Rahul Khullar to take charge of TRAI Monday - May 13, 2012
- R.K. Singh is new home secretary - Jun 24, 2011
- R.K. Singh takes over as new home secretary - Jun 30, 2011
- S R Rao is new commerce secretary - May 28, 2012
- Pillai opts out of CVC race - Jun 27, 2011
- Seth assumes charge as cabinet secretary (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma next defence secretary - Jul 07, 2011
- Chaudhary new Haryana chief secretary - Apr 03, 2012
- R Gopalan appointed Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: appointments committee, commerce secretary, disinvestment, home secretary, indian administrative service, manmohan, manmohan singh, new commerce, New Delhi, pillai, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, union territory