Rahul Gandhi wraps up tour of BangladeshAugust 5th, 2008 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
Dhaka, Aug 5 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday concluded his five-day Bangladesh visit during which he interacted with officials of the of the Grameen Bank run by the Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Younus and acquired an understanding of their micro-credit projects.
Rahul was seen off at Dhakas Zia International Airport by Grameen Bank Chief Younus and Indian High Commission officials, besides those of Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC), one of the world’’s largest NGOs.
During his private visit, the 38-year-old Member of Parliament from Amethi in Uttar Pradesh spoke about Indian scholarships for Bangladeshi students for IT education in India. “Bangladesh needs to think more about IT education,” Rahul said during his interaction with a group of young students at the bank’’s head office in Dhaka.
He further said that he would talk to his party and the Indian Government for providing more academic opportunities to Bangladeshi students in India.
He also expressed a wish to visit the country again in the near future along with his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
Rahul Gandhis visit was given a wide coverage in the Bangladesh media. (ANI)
- Bangladesh forms panel on Grameen Bank - May 16, 2012
- UAE participates in global microcredit summit in Spain - Nov 18, 2011
- Bangladesh's Grameen bank chief Yunus steps down - May 13, 2011
- Yunus fears Grameen Bank's takeover by government - Aug 02, 2012
- Yunus fears government is taking over Grameen Bank (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Yunus moves apex court against removal from Grameen Bank - Mar 09, 2011
- Court rejects Muhammad Yunus's petition (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Nobel Laureate Yunus to appear in 'The Simpsons' - Jul 26, 2010
- French president supports Grameen's Yunus - Apr 06, 2011
- Bangladesh govt.announces probe into Grameen Bank over diversion of aid money - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Charges against Muhammad Yunus politically motivated' - Feb 18, 2011
- Yunus loses appeal against ouster from Grameen Bank (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Qatar offers a half-million dollar 'education Nobel' to Bangladesh - Nov 02, 2011
- Indian PM pulled up over Bangladesh comment - Jul 05, 2011
- Daily flays Indian PM over Bangladesh comment (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: academic opportunities, advancement committee, amethi, bangladesh media, bangladeshi students, bank chief, commission officials, credit projects, education in india, grameen bank, indian government, indian high commission, member of parliament, micro credit, muhammad younus, nobel laureate, private visit, rahul gandhi, rahul gandhis, zia international airport