Raheja Developers launch Rs.45-bn engineering SEZ in GurgaonAugust 20th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) City-based realtor Raheja Developers Wednesday said it would set up an engineering-focused special economic zone (SEZ) in Gurgaon on an investment of Rs.45 billion.Spread over an area of 255 acres in Gurgaon, the SEZ has already received approval.
“Engineering sector in India is an integral part of the manufacturing activity and is estimated at Rs.1,200 billion in 2004-05 and has been growing at a 11 percent,” the company said in a statement.
Engineering exports from India crossed Rs.810 billion in 2005-06, accounting for 23 percent of the country’s total exports.
In the National Capital Region that includes Gurgaon, such exports are likely to grow at 11.5 percent to Rs.183 billion in 2015 from Rs.76 billion in 2007.
The Raheja SEZ will be launched over several phases, with the first phase being expected to be completed within three years.
“The engineering SEZ will cater to both international and domestic engineering companies,” said Navin M. Raheja, chairman of Raheja SEZs Ltd.
“We are currently negotiating with both Indian and overseas engineering companies interested in off-shoring global production,” he added.
Raheja said the SEZ would be funded through a mix of equity, debt and internal accruals.
The project is expected to create employment opportunity for around 50,000 people and has the potential to generate exports worth $2.5 billion, he added.
Raheja said land was acquired with consent of farmers, and two jobs would be provided to those families whose land has been acquired.
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Rs.2,300 crore Cyber City announced in Kerala - Feb 17, 2011
- DLF sells Pune SEZ - Dec 28, 2011
- Infotech's revenues up by 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Rane Brake Lining to expand capacity - Jul 21, 2010
- Export units flock to SEZ to avail export sops - Aug 29, 2008
- Top corporates welcome budget 2011-12 - Feb 28, 2011
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Chennai Petroleum plans 9 million tonne refinery - May 18, 2010
- Exports from special economic zone zoomed 121 percent - Jul 28, 2010
- No forcible land takeover for SEZs: Pawar - Aug 20, 2010
- Andhra CM agrees to set up committee over land scam - Mar 30, 2011
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- K.P. Singh almost sold his stake in DLF for Rs.26 lakh - Nov 15, 2011
- Tax benefits to SMEs urged - Feb 13, 2012