Radia quizzed by CBI (Lead)December 21st, 2010 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team Tuesday questioned corporate lobbyist Niira Radia at her house here in connection with the 2G spectrum scam a day after the agency quizzed former telecom watchdog chief Pradeep Baijal. A team of sleuths, accompanied by women officers, reached Radia’s Chattarpur residence in south Delhi to question her. Radia’a firm Vaishnavi Corporate Communication said she was cooperating with the CBI.
Officials of Vaishnavi Corporate Communication told media houses: “We will continue to extend full cooperation to the CBI.”
The CBI has also summoned former communications minister Andimutu Raja for questioning. He will be quizzed a few days later. On Monday, former Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chief Pradeep Baijal was summoned for questioning in connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
The trio’s premises were also raided by the investigative agency last week.
Baijal was the TRAI boss between 2004 and 2008. He joined Radia’s firm in 2009. The Enforcement Directorate too has grilled Radia about her role in the spectrum allocation.
The Comptroller and Auditor General report, tabled in parliament, has criticised the allocation of second generation airwaves to telecom firms in 2008 and said it has caused massive losses to the national exchequer.
- Radia quizzed by CBI, Raja next (Second Lead) - Dec 21, 2010
- CBI team at Radia's residence for questioning - Dec 21, 2010
- CBI grills Raja for third time in 2G scam - Jan 31, 2011
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief quizzed by CBI - Jul 18, 2011
- 2G scam: Raja claims 'I fully cooperated with CBI' - Dec 28, 2010
- Raja arrives at CBI headquarters for 2G scam questioning - Dec 24, 2010
- CBI questions Nira Radia in 2G scam case - Dec 21, 2010
- Public Accounts Committee questions more people in 2G probe - Apr 05, 2011
- 2G scam: Raja should be arrested, says Jayalalithaa - Dec 20, 2010
- DMK to pull out all stops to save Raja - Dec 24, 2010
- 2G scam: 'Action will be taken against Raja if he is found guilty', says Karunanidhi - Dec 20, 2010
- Raja seeks time after CBI summons him, Radia in 2G probe - Dec 20, 2010
- CBI questions Raja again on 2G scam role - Dec 25, 2010
- CBI swoops on Raja kin, Radia, Kanimozhi NGO - Dec 15, 2010
- 'Candid' Tata, 'evasive' Radia appear before PAC in 2G probe (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: auditor general report, cbi officials, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, corporate communication, corporate lobbyist, enforcement directorate, full cooperation, investigative agency, massive losses, media houses, pradeep, quizzed, sleuths, south delhi, spectrum allocation, telecom firms, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, trai chief