R. Srinivasan to head HAL’s chopper complexJune 23rd, 2009 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 23 (IANS) R. Srinivasan has been appointed managing director of the helicopter complex of the state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) here, the company announced Tuesday.
Prior to this, he was the general manager of HAL’s Helicopter MRO (maintenance, repair, overhaul) division.
The new position has been created to bring all helicopter design, development and manufacturing activities under one umbrella, a HAL statement said.
Srinivasan will head five critical HAL divisions, including the Helicopter Division, the Helicopter MRO Division, Rotary Wing Research & Design Centre (RWRDC), the Composite Manufacturing Division (CMD) and the Barrackpore Division.
HAL’s new helicopter programmes like the light combat helicopter (LCH), the light observation helicopter (LOH) and the medium lift helicopter are some key projects that will come under Srinivasan’s ambit.
“The ALH (advanced light helicopter) is the key and I will be focusing on further increasing the serviceability of this machine so that all the customers get what they want without any delays,” Srinivasan said.
“On the civil front too, we will have to make more inroads and that will also top my agenda,” he added.
Hailing from Tiruvarur in Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur district, Srinivasan joined HAL as a management trainee in 1972 after his B.Tech from IIT, Madras.
He later did his Masters in Industrial Metallurgy and Management from the University of Birmingham.
Srinivasan was also the general manager of HAL’s Aerospace Division.
He has specialized in the field of manufacturing of all types of forgings in a variety of alloys, computerised and conventional process planning, facilities and resource planning, machinery and equipment selection and procurement, vendor development and marketing.
- India test flies light combat chopper successfully - Mar 30, 2010
- Hindustan Aeronautics to fly light combat chopper soon - Nov 21, 2009
- India flies second light combat helicopter prototype (With image) - Jul 25, 2011
- LCH marks a new era in Indian combat avionics - May 23, 2010
- Light Combat Helicopter unveiled for armed forces - May 23, 2010
- India joins elite league of countries with LCH's successful inaugural test run - May 23, 2010
- Technical snag cuts short indigenous chopper's flight - Feb 10, 2011
- HAL sales growth dips in fiscal 2011-12 - Apr 01, 2012
- HAL delivers four Cheetal copters to Indian Air Force - Jul 25, 2009
- IAF receives four 'Cheetal' helicopters from Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. - Jul 25, 2009
- HAL prepares to manufacture Rafale combat jet in India - Feb 13, 2012
- India may soon get its own UAV: HAL chairman - May 23, 2010
- Flight safety certification for HAL chopper simulator - Jul 02, 2010
- Antony asks HAL to keep pace with changing times - Nov 06, 2008
- Infrastructure major hassle in helicopter industry growth - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: aerospace division, b tech, combat helicopter, equipment selection, forgings, helicopter design, helicopter division, light combat, light helicopter, light observation helicopter, maintenance repair overhaul, management trainee, overhaul division, process planning, rotary wing, serviceability, tamil nadu, thanjavur district, tiruvarur, vendor development