Qatar assures to consider supplying additional LNG to IndiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:02 am ICT by admin
Deora evinced interest of Indian companies to participate, including equity stake, in the various opportunities and projects in the hydrocarbon sector in Qatar. He said that the Indian gas market was emerging as a mature market.
In recent years, the Indian gas sector has received progressively greater attention from global companies and has made rapid strides on the upstream front, said a statement of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas issued here.
Speaking at the 6th Doha Gas Conference, Deora invited Qatari oil and gas companies and International Oil Companies (IOCs) present to actively participate in the next Indian Exploration and Production (Eand P) bidding round, which will be officially announced shortly.
Deora, who is on a two-day visit to Qatar, said that a significant number of onshore, offshore and deep-water blocks would be offered for participation.
“India has a large demand for natural gas and this makes us natural allies for economic development through energy trade. With eight to nine percent annual growth, we are looking for large supplies of natural gas to meet the growing energy demand, keeping in mind environmental concerns as well as efficiency of utilization,” he said.
Deora added that the country was planning to focus on use of natural gas in transport, household and industrial sectors.
He is accompanied by Petroleum Secretary M.S. Srinivasan, GAIL CMD U.D. Choubey, MD OVL R.S. Butola and MD PLL P. Dasgupta. (ANI)
- India, Qatar to hold talks: Oil, Taliban on agenda - Apr 04, 2012
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil and gas pact - Apr 09, 2012
- Qatar pledges to invest $4 bn in Spain - Mar 01, 2011
- Qatar ready to increase LNG supplies to India - Jan 14, 2011
- Qatar may meet India's long-term gas demand - Dec 16, 2009
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- India seeks Qatari investment in oil and gas sector - Oct 28, 2011
- Qatar's Deputy Premier meets Manmohan Singh - Mar 23, 2010
- Qatari emir to visit India, with gas sale, investment on agenda - Mar 04, 2012
- Pakistan, Qatar to cooperate in energy, trade - Feb 07, 2012
- Gas summit to focus on changing gas market - Mar 12, 2010
- Qatar to supply additional LNG to India - Mar 22, 2010
- Arab League elects Egyptian foreign minister as new head - May 16, 2011
Tags: al thani, bin hamad, deora, doha, energy trade, equity stake, gas conference, gas sector, hydrocarbon sector, India, international oil companies, m s srinivasan, mature market, minister of energy, natural allies, natural gas, petroleum, qatar, rapid strides, water blocks