Qatar Airways to probe wrong India map in presentationOctober 26th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 26 (IANS) Qatar Airways Monday said it will hold an in-house inquiry after a map of India it displayed during a presentation here had a large part of Kashmir missing.
Asked about the misrepresentation of India’s sovereign borders in the map, the airline’s chief executive officer (CEO) Akbar Al Baker said: “We will ask the corporate communications department to look into it.”
The map distinctly showed India minus the area of Pakistan-administered Kashmir. Earlier, in an attempt to parry a query from the media about the insensitive and incorrect representation of India’s geographical boundaries in its presentation, Baker had said that it “was not a political map”.
Publication of inaccurate external boundaries and coastline of India is considered as an offence and attracts penalty under section 2 of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1961 and is held tantamount to questioning the territorial integrity of the country.
Baker was in Goa to announce the launch of a Doha-Goa flight, which started operations Monday.
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Qatar Airways to start Kolkata operations July 27 - Mar 10, 2011
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions - Sep 12, 2012
- US promises to fix up inaccurate India map - Nov 22, 2011
- Qatar Airways to use synthetic fuel blend - Nov 23, 2011
- Qatar Airways doubles its fleet - Mar 04, 2010
- Qatar Airways backs FDI in aviation - Nov 23, 2011
- India rejects incorrect border maps on US website - Jan 04, 2012
- Australian website doesn't show Kashmir, Arunachal as part of India - Jun 12, 2011
- Map row: Chinese envoy asks journalist to shut up - Nov 03, 2011
- India protests US depiction of Kashmir as Pakistani territory - Nov 21, 2011
- Flights diverted, repairs on at Goa runway (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Three flights diverted from Goa due to runway repairs - Oct 27, 2010
- Qatar Airways declared official airline partner for Indian Business Leaders Summit and Golf Tourname - Oct 06, 2010
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: akbar, amendment act, area of pakistan, chief executive officer, coastline, corporate communications department, criminal law, doha, external boundaries, geographical boundaries, goa, kashmir, launch, law amendment, map of india, misrepresentation, offence, qatar airways, sovereign borders, territorial integrity