Punjab wheat procurement crosses 100 lakh tonnesMay 4th, 2012 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 4 (IANS) Wheat procurement in Punjab has crossed the 100 lakh tonnes mark during the current season, state food and supplies officials said here Friday.
An official spokesman of the department said the procurement topped the 102 lakh tonnes mark Thursday evening.
Procurement agencies are expecting another bumper wheat crop this year in the state, which is the biggest contributor of food grain to the national kitty despite having less than two per cent of the country’s geographical area.
The state government has set up over 1,750 centres for procurement of wheat across Punjab.
Government procurement agencies have procured over 99.6 per cent of the total wheat arrival in grain markets, the spokesman said.
Sangrur, Patiala and Ludhiana districts were leading in procurement, he added.
- Punjab wheat procurement crosses 125 lakh tonnes - May 18, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes wheat - May 01, 2012
- Punjab procures 110 lakh tonnes of wheat - May 26, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana head for bumper wheat crop - May 11, 2011
- Early summer heat will hit wheat yield - May 04, 2010
- Punjab procures over 100 lakh tonnes paddy - Nov 01, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana make it a wheat bumper crop season - May 17, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure record 200 lakh tonnes of wheat - May 11, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana near 150 lakh tonne wheat procurement-mark - May 02, 2011
- 100 lakh tonnes of wheat procured in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 26, 2011
- Wheat procurement in Punjab, Haryana crosses 90 lakh tonnes - Apr 25, 2011
- Punjab procures 110.50 lakh tonnes wheat - Jun 02, 2011
- Punjab procures nearly 103 lakh tonnes wheat - May 09, 2011
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- Over 10 mn tonnes of paddy procured in Punjab - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: bumper wheat crop, chandigarh, contributor, food grain, geographical area, government procurement, grain markets, kitty, ludhiana, patiala, procurement agencies, spokesman, state food, state government