Punjab to have cattle markets on French linesJune 21st, 2011 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 21 (IANS) The Punjab government Tuesday announced that it has decided to establish four ultra-modern cattle mandis (markets) on the lines of similar cattle markets in France.
These will be established in Amritsar, Jagraon (Ludhiana) and Subhanpur (Kapurthala) on the pattern of France, state Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development and Fisheries minister Gulzar Singh Ranike said here.
The cattle market in Killianwali (Muktsar) has been completed at a budgetary allocation of Rs.7.59 crore, he said.
Ranike said these markets would provide modern facilities including a veterinary hospital, provisions for stay of cattle owners, parking and sheds.
The minister said that efforts were on to create a second White Revolution in Punjab by increasing milk production and subsidiary products.
“Punjab could earn more revenue and also the farmers could be provided with extra income,” he said.
- Punjab to have mobile ambulance for animals - May 13, 2012
- Punjab sets up 25 cotton markets - Jun 19, 2011
- Punjab imports cattle semen to improve milch breeds - Apr 27, 2012
- US cattle genetics firm to help Punjab dairying - Sep 03, 2010
- Punjab farmers take to dairy farming for second 'White Revolution' - Dec 21, 2009
- Punjab sanctions Rs.110 crore for veterinary facilities - Jun 13, 2010
- Livestock business gaining popularity among Punjab farmers - Nov 18, 2009
- Akali Dal announces 48 names for Punjab assembly polls - Dec 23, 2011
- Haryana to set up 200 hi-tech mini-dairies - Jul 02, 2012
- Punjab may have venture with New Zealand's dairy giant - May 23, 2010
- Fodder shortage may hit milk production: Pawar - Jul 18, 2012
- Punjab promotes fish farming - Jan 18, 2010
- Punjab to set up veterinary clinics in all districts - Jun 08, 2010
- President to chair governors' panel meet - Dec 14, 2011
- Farmers reap rich harvest at Chandigarh agri-fair - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: animal husbandry, budgetary allocation, cattle market, cattle markets, dairy development, extra income, farmers, fisheries, french lines, gulzar, june 21, kapurthala, ludhiana, milk production, muktsar, provisions, punjab government, state animal, subsidiary, veterinary hospital