Punjab receives good response for e-filing of VAT returnsOctober 26th, 2009 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 26 (IANS) E-filing of value-added tax (VAT) returns, made mandatory for certain categories of tax payers by the Punjab government, has received good response in the first phase, a government official said here Monday.
“E-filing of VAT returns was made mandatory for people involved in inter-state sales and purchases and exports, and for those businesses whose turnover was Rs.5 crore or more,” said A. Venu Prasad, excise and taxation commissioner of Punjab.
Tax payers falling under these categories have to file VAT returns electronically by Oct 30, if payments are to be made in cash. “So far, we have received an overwhelming response with over 20,000 tax payers using this mode for filing the returns,” Prasad said.
The government has selected three Chandigarh-based software companies to provide help to tax payers for e-filing returns.
“These service providers would assist taxpayers with data entry of the returns. Staff-members of certain cyber-cafes and computer centres have also been trained to provide these services,” said Prasad.
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Small mistake can lead to long delays in tax refunds - Jul 23, 2012
- Finance Minister outlines measures to 'improve governance' - Feb 28, 2011
- File income tax return online: It's easier, secure - Jul 16, 2012
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.2 lakh (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Now you can call an expert home for filing IT return - Jul 24, 2012
- Chinese provinces mull tax reform - Jun 11, 2012
- Panel formed to protest VAT in Maharashtra - Aug 27, 2012
- 3G auction revenue to reduce fiscal deficit: Pranab - May 30, 2010
- Tax board targets Rs.530,000 crore collection in 2011-12 - May 17, 2011
- Compulsory disclosure of overseas assets irks taxpayers - Jun 07, 2012
- Chandigarh region records 38 percent income tax growth - May 18, 2011
- New technology to make tax payments easier: Pranab - Jul 15, 2011
- Tripura registers record rise in tax collection - Jun 02, 2012
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Extends Its Deadline Till April 18 For Taxpayers - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: based software, computer centres, crore, cyber cafes, data entry, e filing, excise, government official, inter state, oct 30, overwhelming response, punjab government, service providers, software companies, staff members, tax payers, taxation, taxpayers, turnover, vat returns