Punjab officials to inform of any property transactionSeptember 28th, 2011 - 1:08 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 27 (IANS) Employees of the Punjab government will now have to submit details of any purchase of property, where the amount exceeds their monthly salary, an official said.
The Punjab government has issued a notification stating that its employees must submit the details of each transaction of moveable and immovable property in any shape, if it is more than their monthly salary, a government spokesman said.
The details will have to be submitted before the prescribed authority, he added.
He said that the state government has amended Section 18 of Government Employees Conduct Rules-1966 and now every government employee shall report to the prescribed authority each transaction of moveable or immovable property made by way of lease, mortgage, purchase, sale, gift or otherwise either in his own name of any member of his family.
This will be mandatory if the actual cost of such transaction exceeds one month’s gross salary of such employee, the spokesman added.
- Bihar's anti-corruption drive: Declare assets or go without salary, says Nitish - Jan 27, 2011
- Punjab asks all officers to file property returns - Jul 04, 2012
- Elite Himachal school in trouble over land deal - May 14, 2012
- Elite Dalhousie school in trouble over land deal (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Election Commission to monitor 'paid news' - Dec 28, 2011
- Chhattisgarh ministers fail to disclose assets - Dec 22, 2011
- India to get new norms against benami transactions - Jul 21, 2011
- Punjab allows principals to issue learner's driving licence - Jul 08, 2011
- Now college principals can issue learner's driving licences in Punjab - Jul 08, 2011
- Towards transparent transactions in realty industry (Comment) - May 04, 2011
- Allow resale of commercial land only in rare cases: Himachal panel - Apr 25, 2012
- Government employees in Madhya Pradesh asked to declare assets - Feb 17, 2010
- Rent Wakf property at market rates: Parliamentary panel - Dec 16, 2011
- A forest ranger owns property worth over Rs.4 crore! - Sep 08, 2010
- Only four Uttar Pradesh IAS officers declare assets - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: government employee, government employees, government spokesman, gross salary, immovable property, mortgage purchase, property transaction, punjab government, punjab officials, s gross, shape, state government