Punjab National Bank’’s third quarter profit zooms up by 85.8 percentJanuary 31st, 2009 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 31 (ANI): State-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) reported hefty increases in its quarterly profit, helped by treasury gains and rising net interest incomes.
This was disclosed by K C Chakrabarty, Chairman and Managing Director of PNB at a press conference here on Friday.
The Bank registered an 85.8 percent increase in the net profit at 10.06 billion rupees for the quarter ended December 31, 2008, against 5.41 billion dollars for the same period, a year ago.
PNB’’s loan book grew 39.4 percent to 1.42 trillion rupees during the quarter.
Consequently, treasury gains at the PNB went up to 3.41 billion rupees in the quarter, from 710 million rupees a year ago.
As for the buoyancy by bank’’s performance, Chakrabarty mentioned that the yield on advances was extraordinary.
“The yield on advances on 9 month basis is already 11.51 percent. This is even after reducing the Prime Lending Rate (PLR) from 14 percent to 12 percent,” said Chakrabarty.
Punjab National Bank, which is India’’s second largest public sector bank would reduce key lending rates from February 1.
“PLR will be cut by 50 basis points (bps), home loan will be reduce by 25 to 50 percent in different categories, loan on auto vehicles will be cut by 25 to 50 percent and home loan will be reduce by 50 basis points and we are working on it,” he said. (ANI)
- Allahabad Bank reports 55 percent rise in Q4 net profit - May 05, 2012
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- Punjab National Bank hikes interest rates - Jul 30, 2008
- No impact of rupee slide on banks: SBI chief - May 28, 2012
- SBI gets government nod for rights issue - Jun 08, 2011
- PNB raises base rate by 50 bps, deposit rates by 25-50 bps - Sep 30, 2010
- Indian Bank, IOB hike lending rate to 8.5 percent - Oct 01, 2010
- PNB Q2 profit rises 16 percent to Rs.1,074.54 crore - Oct 28, 2010
- SBI to hike lending rates, loans get dearer - Apr 19, 2011
- Amid tough times, Citibank to cut 4500 jobs - Dec 07, 2011
- Mallya gloats over Kingfisher getting best airline award - Sep 28, 2011
- Union Bank hikes lending rate by 50 bps - Dec 27, 2010
- UCO Bank may cut rates by 50 basis points (Lead) - Jul 30, 2009
- Punjab National Bank's quarterly net profit jumps 8 percent - Jan 21, 2011
- Pandit's Citi makes profit with India sale - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: auto vehicles, basis points, billion dollars, buoyancy, chakrabarty, incomes, loan book, managing director, net interest, net profit, New Delhi, plr, pnb, prime lending rate, public sector bank, punjab national bank, quarter ended december, quarter profit, quarterly profit, rupees