Punjab National Bank’s quarterly net profit jumps 8 percentJanuary 21st, 2011 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 21 (IANS) State-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) Friday reported an 8 percent increase in its net profit for the third quarter, which stood at Rs.1,089.77 crore as against Rs. 1,011.31 crore in the like period of fiscal 2009-10.The bank’s total income increased by 27.89 percent to Rs. 7,976.35 crore crore in the third quarter of fiscal 2010-11 from Rs. 6,236.55 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago, a bank statement said.
Segment-wise, the bank reported an earning of Rs.1,637.63 crore in the treasury segment in the third quarter against Rs.1,479.70 crore in the like period of the last fiscal.
Corporate and wholesale banking segments also reported good growth with revenues reaching Rs.3,225.69 crore in the quarter from Rs.2,520.86 crore in the third quarter of the last fiscal.
The retail-banking segment reported earnings of Rs.2,896.05 crore in the third quarter from Rs.2,078.52 crore in the corresponding period of fiscal 2009-10.
The bank’s gross non-performing assets increased to 2.03 percent from 1.83 percent in the quarter ended Dec 31, 2009, according to the statement.
Meanwhile, the state-run lender’s provisions also increased to Rs. Rs.7,13.89 crore from Rs.281.88 crore in the third quarter of the last fiscal year.
The bank’s net profit in the first nine months of the current fiscal showed a rise of 16.68 percent and stood at Rs. Rs.3,232.60 crore from Rs.2,770.32 crore during the like period of 2009-10.
PNB’s scrip was trading 0.27 percent up at Rs.1,138.60 in the afternoon trade at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- Oil India's Q3 net profit up 26.58 percent - Feb 05, 2011
- Power Grid's third quarter profit up 21.18 percent - Feb 08, 2011
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- Jet Airway's Q3 net profit up 11 percent - Feb 03, 2011
- PNB Q2 profit rises 16 percent to Rs.1,074.54 crore - Oct 28, 2010
- ICICI Bank's net profit jumps 30.5 percent in third quarter - Jan 24, 2011
- Axis Bank's quarterly net profit jumps 36 percent - Jan 17, 2011
- IDBI Bank's Q4 net profit up 62 percent - Apr 19, 2011
- PNB quarterly net profit rises 5.5 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- ONGC Q3 net profit doubles to Rs.7,083 crore - Jan 28, 2011
- Ashok Leyland's Q4 profit up 33.33 percent - May 20, 2011
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- Indian Bank to convert Rs.400 crore preference shares to equity - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, bombay stock exchange, bse, crore, first nine months, fiscal year, jan 21, net profit, non performing assets, pnb, punjab national bank, retail banking, rs 1, rs 2, rs 6, s gross, scrip, segment, segments, wholesale banking