Punjab government ties up with Bharti Wal-MartNovember 12th, 2008 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 12 (IANS) The Punjab government has tied up with Bharti Wal-Mart Pvt Ltd to set up ‘Bharti Wal-Mart Skill Centre’ in Amritsar, a vocational training institute for the unemployed youth of the state.”This skill centre will provide training to the youth to hone their technical skills regarding modern retail and allied sectors like logistics, supply chain and other support services,” a government spokesperson told reporters here Wednesday after the signing of the memorandum of understanding (MoU).
Free training would be given to all students at the centre, which will be certified by Bharti Wal-Mart, the official added.
The MoU was signed by Navreet Singh Kang, principal secretary of employment generation and training and Bharti Wal-Mart’s Raj Jain. Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was also present on the occasion.
“We consider skill development as an important strategy for empowering the state’s youth. This centre will act as a positive catalyst to promote economic and social development of local communities by imparting technical training and certification on modern retail to the youth,” said Badal.
“We had initiated vocational training through partnership with leading private companies like Tata Motors and Larsen and Toubro in the six districts of the state,” he added.
- Bharti Wal-Mart to train Delhi's youth - Jul 22, 2010
- Bharti Wal-Mart to train Delhi's unemployed youth - Jun 22, 2010
- India, Singapore sign military training deal - Jul 11, 2012
- Wal-Mart to target 35,000 Indian farmers for agri-business supply chain by 2015 - Oct 26, 2010
- Wholesale chain Metro Cash & Carry to enter Punjab - Feb 18, 2011
- India, Afghanistan sign MoU on labour cooperation - Jun 16, 2010
- Wal-Mart Intends To Terminate Extra Pay For Its Employees Functioning On Sunday - Dec 09, 2010
- India, Singapore extend military training agreement (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- UKIBC in talks with Indian corporates to train staff - Sep 12, 2011
- Wal-Mart Recalls 2.2 Million Heaters - Dec 18, 2010
- Walmart training centre opens in New Delhi - Jul 23, 2010
- Wal-Mart to step up rollout in India, says India chief - May 12, 2010
- Bharti Walmart launches global money transfer service - May 24, 2011
- India likely to get role in Afghan military affairs - Jun 22, 2010
- Scheme for unemployed Kashmiri youth - Aug 22, 2011