Punj Lloyd wins five solar power projects from Punjab GovernmentAugust 12th, 2010 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 12 (ANI): Punj Lloyd Group, the global engineering, procurement and construction conglomerate, today announced winning of five prestigious solar power contracts from Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) on complete Turnkey EPC basis.
Solar Power Plants will be set up at five different locations in Punjab including Golden Temple in Amritsar, Punjab State Assembly in Chandigarh, Punjab Raj Bhawan in Chandigarh, Punjab Civil Secretariat in Chandigarh and Durgiana Mandir in Amritsar.
The scope of work involves design, supply, erection, testing and commissioning of solar power plants including operation and maintenance for ten years at all locations.
The capacity of each solar power plant will varied from 45 KWp to 11 KWp.
Speaking on the contract win, Dr Tariq Alam, Chief Executive Officer, Punj Lloyd Delta Renewables, said “We are extremely proud of bagging this prestigious contract from PEDA. This contract win is a further demonstration of the leadership position we have established in the Indian renewable energy market. We have won some prestigious solar power projects from the Delhi, Bihar and Punjab Governments within a very short span of time. These wins provide the foundation for us to become a dominant global force in the renewable energy sector”.
All solar power plants will have a total solar photovoltaic capacity of 106 KWp.
The project using solar photovoltaic technology has been awarded under the Special Area Demonstration Programme of the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
The project is scheduled to be executed over a period of six months.
The contract will be executed by Punj Lloyd Group’s renewable energy arm, Punj Lloyd Delta Renewables.
Punj Lloyd Delta Renewables provides cutting edge technology in turnkey integrated development and sustainable solutions based on solar power. (ANI)
- Punj Lloyd bags Golden Temple solar power project - Aug 12, 2010
- Punjab agency to install solar plant at Rashtrapati Bhawan - May 21, 2011
- Punj Lloyd forays into solar energy - Nov 09, 2009
- Punj Lloyd wins Rs.232 crore contract in Bihar - Apr 07, 2010
- CSE alleges wrongdoing in solar mission, firm denies charges - Feb 01, 2012
- India's largest industrial solar plant operational in Punjab - Jul 29, 2012
- BHEL to set up 5MW solar power plant in Karnataka - Jun 18, 2011
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- US loans for Indian firms making solar facilities in Rajasthan - Jul 19, 2012
- India's solar power mission on schedule - Mar 15, 2011
- Punj Lloyd bags Rs.210 crore thermal power project - Jul 21, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh to add 500 MW of power by June - May 17, 2012
- Stone India forays into solar power projects - Jul 14, 2010
- Tibet to have solar power generation base - Apr 17, 2012
- Chandigarh hosts Renewable Energy Expo. - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: chief executive officer, civil secretariat, cutting edge technology, energy arm, global force, kwp, leadership position, photovoltaic technology, power contracts, prestigious contract, punj lloyd, punjab raj bhawan, punjab state, renewable energy market, renewable energy sector, scope of work, solar power plant, solar power plants, solar power projects, union ministry