Punj Lloyd forays into solar energyNovember 9th, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) Punj Lloyd, a diversified construction and engineering group, has tied up with Singapore-based Delta Solar to foray into the solar utility space, the company said Monday.
The joint venture, Punj Lloyd Delta Renewables, will provide solar photovoltaics (SPV) and solar thermal solutions with a strong emphasis on new technologies.
“It is logical for us to partner with Delta Solar, which has already established in India and is the chosen provider for solar lighting solutions for the Commonwealth Games Village (in Delhi),” Punj Lloyd chairman Atul Punj said in a statement.
“This initiative will enable us to address the immediate need for significant energy savings and clean energy sources globally,” he added.
Punj Lloyd Delta Renewables will develop, engineer and execute renewable energy-based projects across the world and will provide turnkey integrated development and sustainable solutions in the power, building and infrastructure sectors.
While initially focussing on solar energy, the joint venture firm will diversify into other forms of renewable energy like biomass and wind, the statement said.
- Punj Lloyd wins five solar power projects from Punjab Government - Aug 12, 2010
- Punj Lloyd bags Golden Temple solar power project - Aug 12, 2010
- CSE alleges wrongdoing in solar mission, firm denies charges - Feb 01, 2012
- Nanoparticles to help mop up more solar energy - Apr 05, 2011
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Punj Lloyd bags road project in Kenya - Dec 22, 2011
- Solar panels keep buildings cool, keep AC costs down - Jul 19, 2011
- Punj Lloyd wins Rs.232 crore contract in Bihar - Apr 07, 2010
- Stone India forays into solar power projects - Jul 14, 2010
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- Punj Lloyd bags three contracts worth Rs.1,595 cr - Nov 24, 2010
- Delhi's monuments will be lit by solar energy - Sep 17, 2012
- Wipro leading IT service provider in Saudi Arabia - Dec 05, 2011
- Floating solar power plants to bridge energy deficit? - Nov 20, 2011
- Punj Lloyd inks pact with Malaysia's Hopetech - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: atul, biomass, clean energy, commonwealth games, diversified construction, energy savings, energy sources, engineering group, foray, forays, infrastructure sectors, integrated development, lighting solutions, punj lloyd, renewables, solar energy, solar lighting, sustainable solutions, thermal solutions, venture firm