Protests delay Chandigarh Shatabdi by over 3 hoursNovember 17th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 17 (IANS) The arrival of the New Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi here Tuesday was delayed by over three hours due to passengers of a local train blocking the tracks in Haryana’s Sonepat town, officials said.
“The Shatabdi train, coming from New Delhi, arrived here at 2.30 p.m - three and a half hours late,” R.K. Dutta, superintendent of Chandigarh railway station, told IANS. The train normally reaches Chandigarh at 11 a.m.
“Some passengers of a local train had blocked the railway tracks in Sonepat in Haryana. The exact reason for their protest is still not known,” he added.
Sonepat town is around 200 km from Chandigarh. Everyday, hundreds of local passengers from the region travel to New Delhi by local trains.
- Harried Shatabdi passengers reach seven hours late - Oct 28, 2011
- Heavy rain disrupts rail, road traffic in Haryana, Punjab (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- Rains hit rail services in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Train engine derails in Haryana, no injury reported - Oct 02, 2009
- In Games host city, one rainfall stalls trains - Aug 25, 2010
- BJP activists stop trains in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 03, 2012
- Rail traffic affected at Ambala after derailment - Jan 05, 2012
- Trains again delayed in Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana - Jul 07, 2010
- Power failure cripples railways; 500 trains, 1.5 lakh passengers hit - Jul 30, 2012
- Protestor dies, Jats could intensify stir - Mar 24, 2011
- Train services resume on Ambala-Delhi route - Jul 09, 2010
- Punjab farmers stop trains, Badal warns of unrest - Oct 29, 2010
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Jats seek written assurance on quota (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Travel in high-speed double-decker from Bangalore to Chennai - Mar 14, 2012