Protesters disrupt train services in OrissaNovember 16th, 2009 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 16 (IANS) Thousands of protesters disrupted rail traffic Monday at Bhusandpur in Orissa’s Khurda district demanding stoppage of express trains at the town’s railway station, an official said.
“Many trains have been cancelled following the ‘rail roko’ (stop train protest) at Bhusandpur. Many express and passenger trains have been cancelled and some of them are stranded at different places,” said Sanjeev Meheta, deputy general manager of East Coast Railway.
Long distance trains like Puri-Amedabad, Falaknuma Express (up-down), Chennai-Howrah Express, Prashanti Express and Guwahati-Bangalore Express are stranded at various places, he said.
The agitators are squatting on rail tracks since Monday morning demanding stoppage of express trains at Bhusandpur, he said.
- Rail link partially restored, probe starts - Aug 01, 2011
- Derailment toll goes up to two, services partly restored - Aug 02, 2011
- 23 trains cancelled ahead of Telangana rail blockade (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Hyderabad, other parts of Telangana hit by rail blockade (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Telangana supporters disrupt train traffic (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Blockade brings Telangana train traffic to a standstill (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Rail blockade to disrupt train movement in Telangana - Feb 28, 2011
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Neelachal express derails after hitting road roller in Orissa - Feb 27, 2011
- Seven trains cancelled after Bengal accident - Aug 01, 2011
- 124 trains cancelled in Telangana due to blockade - Oct 14, 2011
- Blockade brings Telangana train traffic to standstill - Jul 14, 2011
- Telangana braces for two-day rail blockade (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Protesters demanding Telangana block rail traffic - Mar 01, 2011
- Address Jat quota stir, BJP tells government - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: agitators, bangalore, bhubaneswar, different places, east coast railway, express trains, guwahati, howrah, long distance, monday morning, orissa, passenger trains, prashanti, protest, protesters, rail traffic, railway station, stoppage, train services