Protest against power tariff hike Oct 2October 1st, 2011 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) Several residents welfare associations (RWAs) in the city will protest on Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary Oct 2 against the recent hike in power tariff.
“Around 30-40 RWAs from east Delhi will protest Oct 2 and burn an effigy of an electricity meter,” Anil Bajpai of the Residents Welfare Associations Federation told IANS.
According to Bajpai, the protesters will Sunday gather near Geeta Colony at noon.
“We don’t want any political support from any leader,” he added.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission Aug 26 increased the power tariff by 21.77 percent and the new rates came into effect Sep 1.
- Delhi homes hit by 20 percent power rate hike - Jun 26, 2012
- Delhi residents oppose power tariff hike (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Poor accountability cost Congress Delhi civic polls: RWAs - Apr 18, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi resident's groups vow to oppose power tariff hike - Jun 28, 2011
- Power to cost more in Delhi, Dikshit indicates - Jun 25, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Delhi's power tariff hike comes into effect - Jul 01, 2012
- Consumers cry foul over power tariff hike in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- Your power bill goes up as tariff hiked in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Delhi's power tariff lower than others: Dikshit - Aug 27, 2011
- Dikshit justifies water tariff hike - Sep 17, 2011
- Delhi agrees to CAG audit of power companies - Sep 14, 2011
- India urgently needs power tariff increase, says ex-secretary - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: birth anniversary, delhi electricity regulatory commission, east delhi, effigy, electricity meter, electricity regulatory commission, mahatma gandhi, New Delhi, power tariff hike, protest, protesters, rwas, welfare